Cannot connect 2021 ram 2500 to garage door.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nlain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l cummins diesel
I simply cannot connect my ram homelink system to my liftmaster garage door. I even purchased the homelink adapter and still cannot connect it. Not sure what's going on. My 2016 ram connected just fine. Any tips/tricks you can share?

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Open owners manual, it has excellent instructions for the various types of doors, rolling code, vs not, and the high security versions. If you identify your opener type correctly and follow the instructions it will work. Some of the rolling dcode ones you need to use the learn button on the wall mounted door controller or the actual opener, depending on make, to get them linked uup to the truck. You can't just use the handheld remote close to your homelink.

Lee955i

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
" You can't just use the handheld remote close to your homelink."
Which is hilarious, as thats how I had to program mine, but, mines an older opener with I believe non Rolling Code.. LOL!!

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Which is hilarious, as thats how I had to program mine, but, mines an older opener with I believe non Rolling Code.. LOL!!
I have no idea why u think that is hilarious. Older openers and first gen Rolling code u program the way u did, and it is what the manual tells u to do. The high security rolling codes don't work like that and that is also what the manual tells u. The hilarious part is you followed the instructions and went from cant get it to work no how no way to it works just fine.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Its weird, sometimes you have to hit the learn button twice to get it to work.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
sometimes you just need to unscrew any LED lights anywhere close to the opener
Absolutely true. I put LED lights into the overhead openers thinking that would be a great thing. Opener does not work at all using the remotes as long as the lights are on, the RF interference is ferocious.

Chopemupgood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I fought with my 21 Laramie for 3 months trying to get it to program. I guess I will be fighting my 22 for the next 3 months as well. NOTHING the manual has worked, and didn't with the 21. I wound up doing something weird that the manual never mentioned. And I have tried pulling those bulbs and several other things. My barn door programmed easy, same opener same year. It should never be that complicated but oh well.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I fought with my 21 Laramie for 3 months trying to get it to program. I guess I will be fighting my 22 for the next 3 months as well. NOTHING the manual has worked, and didn't with the 21. I wound up doing something weird that the manual never mentioned. And I have tried pulling those bulbs and several other things. My barn door programmed easy, same opener same year. It should never be that complicated but oh well.
I dont get it, I have a 2021 Laramie 2500 and I had absolutely no problems connecting. I also have a 2020 Grand Cherokee that had no problems connecting. Both have the 8.4 connect and same opener. Two openers on the garage doors are old style and one is a replacement and is a new rolling code version and they all synched up just like the manual said to do them.

Cmz2800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont get it, I have a 2021 Laramie 2500 and I had absolutely no problems connecting. I also have a 2020 Grand Cherokee that had no problems connecting. Both have the 8.4 connect and same opener. Two openers on the garage doors are old style and one is a replacement and is a new rolling code version and they all synched up just like the manual said to do them.
“I have a 2021 Laramie 2500 and I also have a 2020 grand cherokee because I have a lot of money and I want to rub it in your faces”

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Ok, this an old thread but I’ll relate my recent experience. Had to have the driver’s visor replaced (under warranty) so it had to be programmed with our door openers. Ours are 20 y/old Genies w/rotating codes. Had to hold the hand held remote next to the visor to get the “fast blink” AND have someone at the opener in the garage to push the learn button at the same time. Suppose if your quick on your feet, you may be able to start the learn mode on the opener then jump into the truck in time to trigger the “fast blink” on the visor. But, you wouldn’t know when the little light on the opener stopped blinking and went steady on, telling you it’s switched from “learn” mode to “learned, now leave me the hell alone” mode.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
LiftMaster and Chamberlain garage door openers are easy to program & they are Sister Companies, they do not compete

Where is Genie is a competing company & difficult to program

Also, my instructions tell you to park outside of the garage to program it

Awokenotwoke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On 4 vehicles I have owned I had to make sure the vehicles were parked outside the garage for the programming to work. 2016 1500; 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2021 Jeep Gladiator; and 2022 1500. This was consistent between an opener from 1995 and a new opener in 2020.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
“I have a 2021 Laramie 2500 and I also have a 2020 grand cherokee because I have a lot of money and I want to rub it in your faces”
I actually I talked about both because they use the same Homelink and process to program. If I was trying to rub something in your face I would have been talking about the Ferrari, Porsche 911, Bentley and Lexus that I also own.

Cmz2800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I actually I talked about both because they use the same Homelink and process to program. If I was trying to rub something in your face I would have been talking about the Ferrari, Porsche 911, Bentley and Lexus that I also own.
Let’s see pictures