Cant find an ACC circuit in my fuse box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Airbear737

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Diesel
I have a 2014 Ram 2500 MegaCab diesel truck. I want to install a dash cam that needs a circuit that is controlled by the ACC position on the ignition switch. I've used a circuit tester on every fuse in the fuse box in the engine compartment and have not discovered a fuse that is powered off with the key OFF and powered on with the key ACC.
Anyone else seen this problem or have a suggestion to resolve this issue?
Thanks

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a 2014 Ram 2500 MegaCab diesel truck. I want to install a dash cam that needs a circuit that is controlled by the ACC position on the ignition switch. I've used a circuit tester on every fuse in the fuse box in the engine compartment and have not discovered a fuse that is powered off with the key OFF and powered on with the key ACC.
Anyone else seen this problem or have a suggestion to resolve this issue?
Thanks
I tapped the cigarette lighter port for ACC on my dash cam...

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
^^^ what he said
There is actually a wiring harness you can plug into the back of the power port:
RED WOLF 12 Volt Power Adapter Wiring Harness Switch Connector Plug w/Fuse for Chrysler Dodge Ram 2001-2021 Cigarette Lighter Power Outlet https://a.co/d/38p7S9c

Ryan493

Reaction score
^^^ what he said
There is actually a wiring harness you can plug into the back of the power port:
RED WOLF 12 Volt Power Adapter Wiring Harness Switch Connector Plug w/Fuse for Chrysler Dodge Ram 2001-2021 Cigarette Lighter Power Outlet https://a.co/d/38p7S9c
I picked up a new blackvue 900 for my 2012 Ram 1500 after running a blackvue 650 for years on a subaru. I expected to be able to use fuse taps so I had The DashCam Store include the tap bundle. But of course now I discovered that these Ram's have no in cab fuse panel.. I'm a bit miffed as to how to do this properly now. I need Acc. Switched and Constant to use the parking mode on this camera.
That Harness looks like a great solution for the switched power on the cupholder outlet. Where could I get constant power for the other part of the camera wiring harness, without cutting into any wiring?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
That Harness looks like a great solution for the switched power on the cupholder outlet. Where could I get constant power for the other part of the camera wiring harness, without cutting into any wiring?
I know the +'13 trucks you can change the power outlets on the back of the center console to constant power via a fuse.
All the Gen4 trucks still have the hole for the clutch through the firewall with a plastic plate over it. It's easily drilled to pass wiring through, probably the easiest to get a constant battery power.