Can't find tie rods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert Keating

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone! So I've been trying to find what lift kit I have, because the tie rod ends that are on it aren't the OEM size, and can't seem to find them at any auto parts stores. I bought the truck used and have no clue what lift is on it. The front center section drop is red, and about 4" drop, and that's all i have to go off of. The OEM tie rods are so much smaller that the nut can fit through the hole of the knuckle...or what ever youd like to call it. So I'm reaching out to get some help in finding what lift kit companies offer oversized tie rod ends that use OEM inners. The upper and lower ball joints are still OEM size also.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it’s Red I bet it’s a Rancho kit

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Robert Keating

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That looks to be the lift and tie rod!! The tie rods that are on it now say trw...advance auto parts brand, and they weren't able to cross reference it to anything because there was only a 3 digit part number on it. Gonna go ahead and order these and see if they're the right ones. Thank you so much!!!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That looks to be the lift and tie rod!! The tie rods that are on it now say trw...advance auto parts brand, and they weren't able to cross reference it to anything because there was only a 3 digit part number on it. Gonna go ahead and order these and see if they're the right ones. Thank you so much!!!

Make 100% sure now before ordering, I'm on a keyboard not under your truck looking at it lol

Tripp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you buy those tie rod ends? Did they fit?