Can't un-couple 19 pin wiring harness connector - please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gradford

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm replacing the clutch in my 2017 Ram 3500 w/Cummins 6.7 and G56 6 speed. There's a wiring bundle that runs across the transmission crossmember from driver's side to passenger side, and connects to the wiring leading to the back of the truck with a connector that looks like a 19 pin. There seems to be release tabs, and a circular object on it which does not rotate, but nothing seems to work to release the two halves of this connector. Dealership and local transmission shops were no help.
Can anyone tell me how to disconnect this connector?
Thanks,
Glenn

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Make sure the connector is not full of dirt first, if it is, trying to get lock and tabs released is just going to cause things to break.

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I done a clutch in my boss's 2017 3500 6.7 Cummins I remember the connector but cant remember how I disconnected it. be aware the clutch pack in the ram is like a Torque converter in a automatic trans meaning its not like any other clutch you may have done. the clutch pack and flywheel are assembled as a unit then put in trans and it weighs 110 lbs not lite weight by any means