Canucks get ripped off by FCA,lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Nothing really wrong with the 6spd. Mine was pretty solid.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Plenty of 6 speeds have gone over 200000 miles without issue. Maintenance is easier and cheaper and you have a dipstick. Check out the instructions on checking fluid levels on the 8 speed.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You know wild one, you'd be a pretty cool guy if you could see fit to quit ******** on the 6 speed. Do you really feel the need to go that far out of your way to be a jerk? Let it go, buddy.

Didn't you have your 8 speed fail?

It was early 2018 until the 8 speed went quicker down the 1/4 mile than Matt's 545RFE.

I get it. The 6 isn't the latest, greatest. As far as I'm concerned, the 8 is probably a fine tranny. But you've got it way overrated.

Have a nice day.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
You know wild one, you'd be a pretty cool guy if you could see fit to quit ******** on the 6 speed. Do you really feel the need to go that far out of your way to be a jerk? Let it go, buddy.

Didn't you have your 8 speed fail?

It was early 2018 until the 8 speed went quicker down the 1/4 mile than Matt's 545RFE.

I get it. The 6 isn't the latest, greatest. As far as I'm concerned, the 8 is probably a fine tranny. But you've got it way overrated.

Have a nice day.

I don't **** on the 6 speed,RLJ,i just pointed out to you how it won't match the 8 speed in torque multiplication.It's the fact that FCA figures they can get away with using Canada as their dumping ground for anything older and a bit out of date.I think the last year for the 6 speed in the States was 15 ,while FCA thinks of Canada as a garbage pit that they can get away with dumping anything into.That's more the point and the one you guys are missing.I don't make any points about bashing the 5/6 speeds,unless you guys bash the 8 speed.Using Matts built to the nuts truck as a reference isn't really revelant,lets use Kyles bolt-on truck instead which is more in line with what most guys will be running,and it went 11.98's with an 8 speed,there isn't a 5/6 speed bolt-on truck that'll come close to Kyles bolt-on truck with an 8 speed.It wasn't until recently the 8 speed trucks started getting serious with mods,and look at what Matt Brown ran with just a whipple bolted to his. Another reference is look at how fast the new 5.0 Fords are running with their 10 speeds,they aren't making any more power then the 5.7's but a stock 5.0 shortbox regular cab with a 10 speed,will kick a stock regular cab 8 speed hemi's ass all day long at the track,and why,because it's got 2 more gears in it,to utlilize the torque multiplication factor,and keep the engine in it's sweet spot

Last edited:

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
That's pretty expensive for that truck. Hopefully there's wiggle room at that price. I got my bighorn with 400km on the odo for under 37k and that's with the big screen, 8spd, ccsb 4wd.

Airdrie always starts high,they're to close to Calgary .If you pay Airdrie's asking price,you got taken,lol

gofish101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Outdoorsman CC
Engine
5.7 hemi
Another reference is look at how fast the new 5.0 Fords are running with their 10 speeds,they aren't making any more power then the 5.7's but a stock 5.0 shortbox regular cab with a 10 speed,will kick a stock regular cab 8 speed hemi's ass all day long at the track,and why,because it's got 2 more gears in it,to utlilize the torque multiplication factor,and keep the engine in it's sweet spot

That's if you can get into the Ford with frozen doors, and I certainly wouldn't try racing one with bungies holding the door closed.
I bought my truck for looks and usage not 1/4 mile results.
I know lots of people that have had great success with the 6 speed Rams and would buy one again.
So I don't think Canada is getting screwed. I would suspect that Canadian Dealerships are getting better incentives from FCA and the dealerships are making the decision to carry them... Not FCA screwing us.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
I don't **** on the 6 speed,RLJ,i just pointed out to you how it won't match the 8 speed in torque multiplication.It's the fact that FCA figures they can get away with using Canada as their dumping ground for anything older and a bit out of date.I think the last year for the 6 speed in the States was 15 ,while FCA thinks of Canada as a garbage pit that they can get away with dumping anything into.That's more the point and the one you guys are missing.I don't make any points about bashing the 5/6 speeds,unless you guys bash the 8 speed.Using Matts built to the nuts truck as a reference isn't really revelant,lets use Kyles bolt-on truck instead which is more in line with what most guys will be running,and it went 11.98's with an 8 speed,there isn't a 5/6 speed bolt-on truck that'll come close to Kyles bolt-on truck with an 8 speed.It wasn't until recently the 8 speed trucks started getting serious with mods,and look at what Matt Brown ran with just a whipple bolted to his. Another reference is look at how fast the new 5.0 Fords are running with their 10 speeds,they aren't making any more power then the 5.7's but a stock 5.0 shortbox regular cab with a 10 speed,will kick a stock regular cab 8 speed hemi's ass all day long at the track,and why,because it's got 2 more gears in it,to utlilize the torque multiplication factor,and keep the engine in it's sweet spot

I wouldn’t pay RLJ any attention. He’s a verified troll and a hypocrite. Here’s a recent thread where he’s doing exactly what he’s accusing you of... His downfall is being miserably presumptuous...

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/warranty-question.148485/

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Wild one, didn't realize, because I didn't look, that you are the op. Since the 6 speed comes from the factory pretty much maxed out power wise, I can see how it wouldn't meet your needs mod wise for track runs.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I wouldn’t pay RLJ any attention. He’s a verified troll and a hypocrite. Here’s a recent thread where he’s doing exactly what he’s accusing you of... His downfall is being miserably presumptuous...

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/warranty-question.148485/

I've had the odd go-around with him,lol. Some days he's not a bad guy,others days I think he's off his medication,just razzing ya RLJ,lol.

Actually the whole point of the post was the fact that FCA looks on Canada as a dumping ground for the older stuff,not to bash the 6 speed.For the majority of owners the 6 speed is a very good transmission,and does all they need a truck to do,which is get from point A to point B and maybe haul the odd load on the week-end.
If there's any incentives or cost savings for the dealers as far as the 6 speed goes,i couldn't tell you,but I highly doubt there is,as I've looked at comparable trucks on the dealers lots,and it doesn't appear like there's much in the way of price incentives that apply to the window sticker prices.

Last edited:

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
That's pretty expensive for that truck. Hopefully there's wiggle room at that price. I got my bighorn with 400km on the odo for under 37k and that's with the big screen, 8spd, ccsb 4wd.

Small question - we counting this in CAD or USD? Canadian Dollars have a different value, yo.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Small question - we counting this in CAD or USD? Canadian Dollars have a different value, yo.
It's Canadian,it's my local dealer. My local dealer has a great parts department,but they are usually on the higher end of asking prices for their used stuff,which leaves a bit of wiggle room.

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

In CAD. I got mine in the toronto area.
They listed 36995 and i kid you not, they wouldnt even knock $100 off. They were however willing to throw a spray on bed liner but I have to agree to finance it which is 295$ fee plus 6months of interest because you cant pay it off earlier than that. So the cost of financing for wouldve been over $800.

I paid cash and also paid 595 plus tax to get it linex'd.

reefer451

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems like Canadians pay through the nose for nearly everything. I recently had to change two boats to Canadian registration because they won't let me leave US registered boats over the winter anymore. Had to pay duty on them (what ever happened to NAFTA free trade?) and get new insurance policies. Insurance is 50% higher than US policies and you pay sales tax! Sales tax on insurance? WTF??? And I had to pay the Registrar of Imported Vehicles $350 for the pleasure of getting my trailer inspected. For some reason this only applies to trailers YOUNGER than 15 years, my 42 year old trailer does not have to be inspected. WTF??? Not to mention the 407ETR just sent me a bill for $61.50 for the pleasure of driving about 90 miles on it. First time since the road opened I've been billed. Last time I drive on that road.

twodips

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Seems like Canadians pay through the nose for nearly everything. I recently had to change two boats to Canadian registration because they won't let me leave US registered boats over the winter anymore. Had to pay duty on them (what ever happened to NAFTA free trade?) and get new insurance policies. Insurance is 50% higher than US policies and you pay sales tax! Sales tax on insurance? WTF??? And I had to pay the Registrar of Imported Vehicles $350 for the pleasure of getting my trailer inspected. For some reason this only applies to trailers YOUNGER than 15 years, my 42 year old trailer does not have to be inspected. WTF??? Not to mention the 407ETR just sent me a bill for $61.50 for the pleasure of driving about 90 miles on it. First time since the road opened I've been billed. Last time I drive on that road.
Gotta pay for that "free" healthcare somehow right?

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My 6 speed is awesome with the HEMI!!---and it will always be awesome-because I havent tried the 8 speed..LOL!!!