Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

Canucks get ripped off by FCA,lol

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Wild one, Sep 14, 2019 at 12:25 AM.

Sponsored By: All Mopar Parts
  1. Wild one

Wild one Senior Member

Ram Year:
    14 Sport
    Engine:
    Jrod and Gary2 like this.
  2. BWL

BWL Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    Nothing really wrong with the 6spd. Mine was pretty solid.

Jrod likes this.
  3. huntergreen

huntergreen Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    Plenty of 6 speeds have gone over 200000 miles without issue. Maintenance is easier and cheaper and you have a dipstick. Check out the instructions on checking fluid levels on the 8 speed.

Crawgator and Random_Walk like this.
  4. RLJ10X

RLJ10X Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    You know wild one, you'd be a pretty cool guy if you could see fit to quit shitting on the 6 speed. Do you really feel the need to go that far out of your way to be a jerk? Let it go, buddy.

Didn't you have your 8 speed fail?

It was early 2018 until the 8 speed went quicker down the 1/4 mile than Matt's 545RFE.

I get it. The 6 isn't the latest, greatest. As far as I'm concerned, the 8 is probably a fine tranny. But you've got it way overrated.

Have a nice day.

Krein and Crawgator like this.
  5. Wild one

Wild one Senior Member

Ram Year:
    14 Sport
    Engine:
    I don't shit on the 6 speed,RLJ,i just pointed out to you how it won't match the 8 speed in torque multiplication.It's the fact that FCA figures they can get away with using Canada as their dumping ground for anything older and a bit out of date.I think the last year for the 6 speed in the States was 15 ,while FCA thinks of Canada as a garbage pit that they can get away with dumping anything into.That's more the point and the one you guys are missing.I don't make any points about bashing the 5/6 speeds,unless you guys bash the 8 speed.Using Matts built to the nuts truck as a reference isn't really revelant,lets use Kyles bolt-on truck instead which is more in line with what most guys will be running,and it went 11.98's with an 8 speed,there isn't a 5/6 speed bolt-on truck that'll come close to Kyles bolt-on truck with an 8 speed.It wasn't until recently the 8 speed trucks started getting serious with mods,and look at what Matt Brown ran with just a whipple bolted to his. Another reference is look at how fast the new 5.0 Fords are running with their 10 speeds,they aren't making any more power then the 5.7's but a stock 5.0 shortbox regular cab with a 10 speed,will kick a stock regular cab 8 speed hemi's ass all day long at the track,and why,because it's got 2 more gears in it,to utlilize the torque multiplication factor,and keep the engine in it's sweet spot

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019 at 12:02 PM
    huntergreen and Jrod like this.
  6. Gero

Gero Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Wild one likes this.
  7. Wild one

Wild one Senior Member

Ram Year:
    14 Sport
    Engine:
    Airdrie always starts high,they're to close to Calgary .If you pay Airdrie's asking price,you got taken,lol

Gero likes this.
  8. gofish101

gofish101 Member

Ram Year:
    2018 Outdoorsman CC
    Engine:
    5.7 hemi
    That's if you can get into the Ford with frozen doors, and I certainly wouldn't try racing one with bungies holding the door closed.
    I bought my truck for looks and usage not 1/4 mile results.
    I know lots of people that have had great success with the 6 speed Rams and would buy one again.
    So I don't think Canada is getting screwed. I would suspect that Canadian Dealerships are getting better incentives from FCA and the dealerships are making the decision to carry them... Not FCA screwing us.

Crawgator likes this.
  9. Jrod

Jrod USAF 1997-2008 Military

Ram Year:
    2016 Sport
    Engine:
    indept likes this.
  10. Jrod

Jrod USAF 1997-2008 Military

Ram Year:
    2016 Sport
    Engine:
    I wouldn’t pay RLJ any attention. He’s a verified troll and a hypocrite. Here’s a recent thread where he’s doing exactly what he’s accusing you of... His downfall is being miserably presumptuous...

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/warranty-question.148485/

indept, Wild one and huntergreen like this.