Car cover specs not so clear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Francky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 L
Hi everybody,

I own a 2014 RAM 1500 Laramie crew cab

Does anyone already ordered a RAM car cover on CARID ?

As selecting options online about the car cover I chose, it is not asked about bed length...

They propose "with" or "without telecoping mirrors"...

If "with" is selected nothing is asked about bed length and if "without" is selected there is only 76.3" bed.

Are telescoping mirrors tow mirrors or normal mirrors which can be electrically retracted ?

The guy form CARID told me if it is not proposed that means the process automatically chooses the only available options of your car model...

Hum !! Not sure about that because if telescoping mirrors are tow mirrors, I select "without", considering I have a 76.3" bed that means the risk is maybe to receive a car cover that is too short...

Any experience to share even about car cover quality ?

Many thanks

SouthernGorilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't know about the ones sold on CARID, or Ram ones specifically. But my advice would be to find a vendor that was more precise with the details. I've bought two car covers in the past two years, both "universal" ones meant to fit cars of a certain length. I had to exchange one even though the car was well within the range of lengths given for the cover because the car is a vintage American monster and the extra height and width took up more of the length. I suspect CARID might be selling generic truck covers that may not be precisely cut for Rams.