Car wash soaps

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Greif, Sep 2, 2018.

1. BTD07

BTD07 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2017 Laramie
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Its not that youre going to notice if youre not looking for it. Swirls and micro marring or the like are noticed by us OCD guys. To your average joe they will never notice it. Hell when I was younger I just assumed black cars paint is SUPPOSED to have swirls because everyones did. Boy was I naive.

SYKRAMMAN likes this.
  2. Sportznut

Sportznut Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Thanks. Did not realize I was an average Joe. My parents always thought I was a little slow so I have made progress

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SYKRAMMAN likes this.
  3. BTD07

BTD07 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2017 Laramie
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Haha no offense meant man, I am just saying it is the type of damage youd need an LED on a light colored vehicle to notice sometimes

4. Hudson

Hudson Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    Wolfgang is a pretty tough sealant, but its just that...a sealant. Sooner or later it will degrade on the paint an you will have no protection. As the others mentioned, use of ph balanced soap will extend the life of the sealant. You should also consider topping a sealant with a good wax like collinite 845 or 915. the wax layer will become the sacrificial layer before the chemical get at the sealant.

5. Pull Ya

Pull Ya U.S. MARINE VETERAN Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Depending on the weather conditions, how often you wash your truck and how you wash it and if it is garage kept will usually determine how long a wax or sealant will last. Wolfgang sealant is usually good for about 6 months of protection and a wax is usually 2-4 weeks. Collinite 845 wax is an exception to the rule--it is a wax but also it is synthetic so you can expect a lot more longevity from it than you would from a regular wax. Wolfgang with a Collinite topper is a great combination IMHO.
    Jay

SYKRAMMAN likes this.
  6. Sportznut

Sportznut Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Haha. No offense taken. Do you think the swirls will be very noticeable on flame red? Never noticed them on the white.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

7. Pull Ya

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    ^^^^ Yes
    Jay

8. jimh4662

jimh4662 Member

Ram Year:
    2019 RAM Laramie Longhorn C.C. Delmonico Red PearlCoat
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Note this: The gear heads with a four wheel drive out seeing how easy 4X4 get stuck in mud are running them through the washers. Crud doesn't get rinsed off the brushes,wipers, or what they are using. Touchless is just rinsing . Get a good boars head brush, bucket, and quality soap. Use a leaf blower to dry the truck after rinse. You will be happier. Ran an older truck through a wash on a 32 degree day. Ice crystals on the brushes. Ruined the paint. Looked like I ran 60 grit sandpaper down the sides. Take your time and put a good sealer on it. It will rinse and wash better, wont need to clean as often. I just tried Polish Angel cosmic v2. (I've tried them all). This one seems slicker, easier to apply,great shine, Water slides off with little drying, wash brush slides over like quicksilver . supposed to by H9 hard (benchmark for wax/sealant. It's a little expensive, small bottle but got three coats out of the bottle.
    Wolfgang's also not a bad sealant.

SYKRAMMAN likes this.
  9. Pull Ya

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Polish Angel products are a deep and expensive rabbit hole to go down. But the results are unbelievable. Instead of a boars head brush I prefer as microfiber mit.
    Jay