Cargo bed divider; using the extended bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awol Sloan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking for help,

I recently went to use my cargo bed divider in a 2019 ram 1500 with ram boxes. I wanted to use it in its extended bed function but the bed was missing the mounting pegs near the tail gate. My question is were these parts not installed by the factory or are they hidden in my the truck somewhere?

20190628_204403.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Awol Sloan

Awol Sloan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
maxresdefault.jpgI was just informed by my dealership that this part/ function no longer exists for the 2019 model. WTH right! the cargo management system i paid for as an option wont work for the extended tail gate like previous years even though it came with the same divider that folds out. literally all its missing is the mounting pegs from the above picture. there is not even a part number for those pegs im told by the parts manager. I will now go about researching if the 2018 pegs will fit on my Laramie. What do you guys think, was that a load of smoke or am i SOL?

AirAntix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was looking under the plastic on mine and the mounts are definitely not there. Looks like there are some metal supports that may get in the way of installing the 2018 mounts (unless you grind them off).

I have the same question and was curious as to if anyone has figured it out.

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A (prior 2010,2019,2022)
Engine
Cummins
I have the same issue. Have the divider/extender, just don't have the mount pegs. I saw on this forum in another thread that the Gen IV parts should work. I even found an early 2019 brochure that showed this feature on the 2019 model. But the current Ram website does not show it. The Mopar site shows the parts are no longer available individually as well. There is a package that includes the divider/extender that includes them that still shows active, but I'm not looking to spend that much. Hoping to find something on an aftermarket site.

The required pegs that are missing are 68054996AA and 68054997AB. Need one of each on each side of the bed.

OP
OP
Awol Sloan

Awol Sloan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Guys, i also wrote the Customer Care division at Ram.
They replied "As per Mopar parts, the hardware for the Bed Extender is not available as a separate item.
Your 2019 Ram 1500 did not come equipped with the Bed Extender from the factory so, it is not a "missing item". In addition, part number 82215724 (Bed Extender) cannot be used with with RamBox Cargo Management System. There is nothing available at this time for the Bed Extender for this truck".

I still think its Lame. however if i get it to work with the other part numbers ill post an update.

kxlexus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe they quit offering the parts to make it an extender because the tailgate on the 5th gen is made of aluminum. It’s probably not as strong as the 4th gen tailgates and Ram doesn’t want a lot of weight carried by the tailgate. This is just my opinion. Not bashing the 5th gen trucks at all. I just bought a new Longhorn with Ramboxes and I love my truck. I came from a 4th gen Laramie and am still in awe of the improvements they have made

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Mind blown here. So the 5 Gen rambox equipped trucks no longer get those mounts to use the bed extender portion anymore? Wow I just used it on my truck last week.

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
So, here is the response I got from the dealer on the bed extender functionality in the BUG:

"They stopped allowing the cargo divider to be used this way because they found that it obstructed the taillights when used as a bed extender, which could lead to dangerous situations on the road (the new bed extenders now taper at the corners so they do not obstruct the lights). "

I ordered the parts. I'll update when I get them and confirm if everything fits correctly.

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
The pegs that don't come installed are 68054996AA and 68054997AB. Need two of each. The divider/extender I have is 68027145AE and it came with the truck.

AirAntix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The pegs that don't come installed are 68054996AA and 68054997AB. Need two of each. The divider/extender I have is 68027145AE and it came with the truck.

Awesome! Just ordered for $93.25 shipped. Appreciate the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AirAntix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
what site did you go through to order? mopar is coming up blank for me

It was a dealer in Florida running a mopar parts site. If you search the part number directly in Google and click shopping there are several places selling it. I just clicked through a couple to find the cheapest shipping.

IowaDad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quick question. Is the divider standard with the Rambox addon? I'm asking as I just picked up a new 2019 Limited with the Rambox but the divider wasn't included and my dealer is saying its a 1400.00 addon.
Thanks in advance!
IA

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Quick question. Is the divider standard with the Rambox addon? I'm asking as I just picked up a new 2019 Limited with the Rambox but the divider wasn't included and my dealer is saying its a 1400.00 addon.
Thanks in advance!
IA
I'm not sure, but I think it was the Bed Utility Group that got the divider included.

AirAntix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm not sure, but I think it was the Bed Utility Group that got the divider included.

Yeah, do you have the rails and sliding hooks? If so, you should have gotten a divider. I did get a divider with my Limited which had the bed utility group.