Cargo Cam Blue Screen - System not Available

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMV157

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know there is a case number for this (S2208000003) but does anyone have more information about a fix and/or timeline? Took delivery on a 2022 that just rolled off the assembly line and it gets a blue screen when trying to access the cargo cam and says the system isn't available. Regular backup cam works fine. There are a few other treads that revolve around a software update but uconnect is telling me to take it in for a wiring check and I'm not a huge fan of ripping into the dash and tail light if it is indeed corrected by a future software update.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Most of us need more of an explanation

Are you writing about only the 3rd brake light ?

Or the rear bumper connection, or something else

Or do you have just 2 cameras, one in the tailgate handle & then the Cargo camera
OR do you have the 3rd Brake light that has 2 cameras
The 2 camera 3rd brake light system from what i understand has a very different rear view mirror from the mirrors of the last couple years

Last edited:

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I bought a 2022 Ram 2500 this weekend with the cargo camera
The cargo camera was not working when I got the truck, same thing....blue screen
The salesman said that the firmware on the truck would update over the weekend and the camera would start working

Yesterday afternoon, the firmware updated and now the camera works!
The quality is not nearly as good as the backup camera, but it works!

OP
OP
C

CMV157

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a 2022 Ram 2500 this weekend with the cargo camera
The cargo camera was not working when I got the truck, same thing....blue screen
The salesman said that the firmware on the truck would update over the weekend and the camera would start working

Yesterday afternoon, the firmware updated and now the camera works!
The quality is not nearly as good as the backup camera, but it works!
You wouldn't be willing to check your software build number would you? Mine is FCA-MY22.S21D.5-PROD and the cargo cam still blue screens and says isn't available. Uconnect says it's up to date.

OP
OP
C

CMV157

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Most of us need more of an explanation

Are you writing about only the 3rd brake light ?

Or the rear bumper connection, or something else

Or do you have just 2 cameras, one in the tailgate handle & then the Cargo camera
OR do you have the 3rd Brake light that has 2 cameras
The 2 camera 3rd brake light system from what i understand has a very different rear view mirror from the mirrors of the last couple years
Mine appears to have a single cargo camera in the 3rd brake light. That one blue screens and says "system not available." The traditional backup camera works and those are the only two mine has.

OP
OP
C

CMV157

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a follow up to this thread. Even though I have been checking for an update and the system said there wasn't one, just today driving to work an update came through and the cargo camera is working now. Oddly the tire monitoring system now isn't working (no tire pressure readings and the dash warning light) but I will give that a few days maybe it will work itself out. The strangest part of this whole thing is I had read on forums the cargo camera was a software issue all along. But when I called Ram they didn't know and had me call Uconnect. When I got them and shared purchase date, VIN, etc. they told me there was no record of a software issue and that I needed to take it to the dealer to inspect wiring connections which would have involved taking a lot of stuff apart. I contacted the dealer about this too and had an appointment for them to do that as they were unaware of the software issues too. I am still amazing at how incompetent uconnect is at at times. That should be an easy question for them (or the dealer) to have accurate information on for proper customer communication and avoiding unnecessary warranty work. If every common person on the forums knows, why doesn't Ram, Uconnect, or the dealer? When Uconnect is working it's top of the line. When it isn't, many times it's a gut wrenching process to resolve if you can at all.

randyr6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
(Post edited to remove my "bad day" comments about CSE certified mechanics-They work hard and do not need bad comments about their work, my apologies for those who read my previous post).
I'm still waiting on mine to update. I have a bed camper and it upsets me I cannot use it. It's an inconvenience. Has anyone with a 2022 Ram 2500 or 3500 Truck received the cargo cam up date yet?

Last edited:

Gottabdcheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/etorque
Glad I found this thread. Just got my 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab. Same as described by others. Backup camera at the tailgate works fine. Cargo cam gives me the dreaded blue screen. Taking it back to the dealer next week. My build version is FCA-MY22.S21D.5-PROD.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

CMV157

look at the bottom of your rear view mirror, right side on the bottom, is there a set of 3 or more buttons ?

Gottabdcheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/etorque

CMV157

look at the bottom of your rear view mirror, right side on the bottom, is there a set of 3 or more buttons ?
Yes. That image comes through on the rear view mirror. The blue screen comes when I try to view the cargo camera from the Uconnect 12inch screen. Backup image is fine but not the cargo view.

Gottabdcheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/etorque
Just a follow up to this thread. Even though I have been checking for an update and the system said there wasn't one, just today driving to work an update came through and the cargo camera is working now. Oddly the tire monitoring system now isn't working (no tire pressure readings and the dash warning light) but I will give that a few days maybe it will work itself out. The strangest part of this whole thing is I had read on forums the cargo camera was a software issue all along. But when I called Ram they didn't know and had me call Uconnect. When I got them and shared purchase date, VIN, etc. they told me there was no record of a software issue and that I needed to take it to the dealer to inspect wiring connections which would have involved taking a lot of stuff apart. I contacted the dealer about this too and had an appointment for them to do that as they were unaware of the software issues too. I am still amazing at how incompetent uconnect is at at times. That should be an easy question for them (or the dealer) to have accurate information on for proper customer communication and avoiding unnecessary warranty work. If every common person on the forums knows, why doesn't Ram, Uconnect, or the dealer? When Uconnect is working it's top of the line. When it isn't, many times it's a gut wrenching process to resolve if you can at all.
Would you be able to post what software version you have now that you’ve had an update?

Gottabdcheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/etorque
Got it figured out. I found this issue on a different forum. There they posted a software update that fixes it.
You have to follow these directions on a NON Mac computer. For whatever reasons it doesn’t work with a Mac. I confirmed that.
1. Format a usb flash drive to MS-Dos
2. Download the file to a computer.
3. Copy the ENTIRE folder to the flash drive.
4. Turn the truck to ACC or RUN doesn’t need to be running but you can if you want.
5. Plug in the USB stick.
If you did it correctly it will recognize the software update and prompt the install. It took mine about 15 mins. No more blue screen for cargo camera!!

Gottabdcheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/etorque
Got it figured out. I found this issue on a different forum. There they posted a software update that fixes it.
You have to follow these directions on a NON Mac computer. For whatever reasons it doesn’t work with a Mac. I confirmed that.
1. Format a usb flash drive to MS-Dos
2. Download the file to a computer.
3. Copy the ENTIRE folder to the flash drive.
4. Turn the truck to ACC or RUN doesn’t need to be running but you can if you want.
5. Plug in the USB stick.
If you did it correctly it will recognize the software update and prompt the install. It took mine about 15 mins. No more blue screen for cargo camera!!

If anyone else deals with this my new software version is now FCA-MY22.S23.13-PROD and everything is working.