cargo cam has blue screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigblackdodgeram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I have a 2022 Ram 3500 Laramie. I have the high mounted brake lamp with cargo cam, my radio is the 8.4 I think,, not the big 12'' one, my truck was delivered to me and a couple days after delivery I noticed my cargo cam had a blue screen, after returning to dealer they ordered a new camera and that did not fix it. Now waiting for techs who is good at electronics to return after first of year,, just curious if anyone else had this problem,, the only thing I can note is that they removed my tail gate to do a spray in bedliner and had those wires unhooked. But my backup camera is fine. thanks in advance for any help.. I hate to have my truck torn apart looking for a wiring problem .

ram25002022

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My truck is a 2022 Ram 2500 Big Horn mega Cab and I had it for 2 days and I also noticed I had the blue screen of death for the cargo camera saying it was unavailable but the backup camera is fine go figure... anyhow, I was told by the tech Dodge/Fiat Chrysler ect. is aware of this problem and is working on a software update to correct the issue so they say. My center cluster also flickers occasionally and the cruise control doesn't like to stop accelerating on its own when I let go of the + button on the steering wheel taking me to 100 Mph+ if I let it. The only way to stop it is to press cancel or tap the break. This was my 3rd Ram and I think it will be my last if I even keep it which is to bad since I only had it a week. If you were advised for a fix on the cargo camera please post it thanks.

Complete Turf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I picked up my new 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie yesterday. I'm having the same issue with the cargo camera. The tailgate camera works fine, but I have only a blue screen with the cargo camera.

The service guy at the dealership helped me set up everything and he said that ALL cargo cameras have quit working recently. That includes new trucks and older trucks that were sold recently. He did not say if this was a 12" issue, or if it included the 8.4". He also said that Ram (or maybe UConnect) is aware of the issue and should be issuing a software update.

Also, in my truck, the Apple CarPlay worked fine at the dealership, but I can't seem to get it to connect this morning. It's not even on the 12" touchscreen menu this morning. But that's an issue for a different thread.

Daniel A

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L HO Cummins
I picked up my 2022 3500 Ram in late November. The cargo camera did not work when I picked it up. Dodge technicians replace it with a new one which also did not work. Just a blue screen. We have been told twice the engineers are working on a fix for this issue. Today Chrysler corp. customer service said they don't have an update when this issue will be fixed, still working on a software update. Could not give me a time frame when this will be fixed.

Also, I discovered a Carbon Monoxide leak in the cab of my truck. I used a commercial grade Carbon Monoxide detector. When we took to dealer, they tested another new 2022 truck and found the same issue. Has anyone else discovered this issue? Very concerning if there are slow leaks of Carbon Monoxide into cab.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Bigblackdodgeram

Does your your 3rd brake light camera work like this ?
With 2 cameras in the brake light

Complete Turf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I had a software update today, and my cargo camera is working now. My Apple CarPlay is still not working properly. It will connect to my phone, then disconnect a few minutes later. It seems to stay connected when I use the usb cable, but is spotty when trying to connect wirelessly.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I wonder about those NEW Rams with the blue screen when using the Cargo Camera

Have you had a chance to get up in the bed & look closely at the 3rd brake light & Cargo Cam.
On some of those lights, there are 2 Cameras
Usually it will be 3rd brake light with a Black lens

That second camera is more like a video cam & there are control buttons on the mirror to control it

Gottabdcheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/etorque
Glad I found this thread. Just got my 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab. Same as described by others. Backup camera at the tailgate works fine. Cargo cam gives me the dreaded blue screen. Taking it back to the dealer next week. My Uconnect version is FCA-MY22.S21D.5-PROD

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
for the last couple of years, the heavy duty Rams have had 2 cameras in the 3rd brake light
one is just a plain Cargo Camera
the other is a Digital Camera that is controlled the 9" rear view mirror buttons on the bottom right side

Some Rams that do have the 2 cameras in the 3rd brake light, have found that the digital camera sometimes comes up as a blue screen in the digital mirror.
Some are finding that back in the drivers side, rear cab corner, there is a connector that was not connected

Gottabdcheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/etorque
for the last couple of years, the heavy duty Rams have had 2 cameras in the 3rd brake light
one is just a plain Cargo Camera
the other is a Digital Camera that is controlled the 9" rear view mirror buttons on the bottom right side

Some Rams that do have the 2 cameras in the 3rd brake light, have found that the digital camera sometimes comes up as a blue screen in the digital mirror.
Some are finding that back in the drivers side, rear cab corner, there is a connector that was not connected
I have 2 cameras on that 3rd brake light. No issues with the digital mirror. That is working fine. The blue screen I get is on the Uconnect 12inch screen. Backup camera works fine, but when I select the cargo camera I get the blue screen. I was looking at wiring and didn’t see any loose connections. Did not pull the panel off the rear of the cab though.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I seem to recall that the digital rear view mirror has to be tilted to go from one mode to another

Does that function work as designed

Sorry for all the questions, but as i said, i have not seen it work except what is posted on YouTube

Hardly anyone is posting pix or videos on the new camera systems, both for the truck, like the rear bumper connections & for the OEM trailer cameras

have you checked the Radio updates ?

Gottabdcheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/etorque
I seem to recall that the digital rear view mirror has to be tilted to go from one mode to another

Does that function work as designed

Sorry for all the questions, but as i said, i have not seen it work except what is posted on YouTube

Hardly anyone is posting pix or videos on the new camera systems, both for the truck, like the rear bumper connections & for the OEM trailer cameras

have you checked the Radio updates ?

Here are some pictures. 96099F6D-F19E-4014-8990-A016C54CF10F.jpeg

Attachments

• 7FBE1369-2915-46CA-9970-0316B1C21856.jpeg
    7FBE1369-2915-46CA-9970-0316B1C21856.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 7
  • D7ADBE29-F7FC-45E8-9B9A-9476EC942FBD.jpeg
    D7ADBE29-F7FC-45E8-9B9A-9476EC942FBD.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 7

Gottabdcheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/etorque
Got it figured out. I found this issue on a different forum. There they posted a software update that fixes it.
You have to follow these directions on a NON Mac computer. For whatever reasons it doesn’t work with a Mac. I confirmed that.
1. Format a usb flash drive to MS-Dos
2. Download the file to a computer.
3. Copy the ENTIRE folder to the flash drive.
4. Turn the truck to ACC or RUN doesn’t need to be running but you can if you want.
5. Plug in the USB stick.
If you did it correctly it will recognize the software update and prompt the install. It took mine about 15 mins. No more blue screen for cargo camera!!

Gottabdcheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/etorque
Got it figured out. I found this issue on a different forum. There they posted a software update that fixes it.
You have to follow these directions on a NON Mac computer. For whatever reasons it doesn’t work with a Mac. I confirmed that.
1. Format a usb flash drive to MS-Dos
2. Download the file to a computer.
3. Copy the ENTIRE folder to the flash drive.
4. Turn the truck to ACC or RUN doesn’t need to be running but you can if you want.
5. Plug in the USB stick.
If you did it correctly it will recognize the software update and prompt the install. It took mine about 15 mins. No more blue screen for cargo camera!!

My new software version after the update is FCA-MY22.S23.13-PROD and everything is working fine.

Jefferson Osborne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi with Etorque
I just picked up a 2022 Ram 1500 limited a month or so back and the cargo cam has never worked. I can verify I have the feature because I can see the camera. I’m running 24.13 software which is more recent than the version mentioned above. Any thoughts? I don’t actually see a camera labeled cargo camera. I do have one labeled trailer auxiliary camera. I get the blue screen on it when I touch/click it.