Cargo camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shoeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Does anyone know of a third brake light cargo camera that will fit 5 generation 2019 2500 HD?

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
???What aftermarket?
Why not use the factory one. Great picture in my '17 and my '20.

4oh4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
???What aftermarket?
Why not use the factory one. Great picture in my '17 and my '20.

To that note, does anyone know if they are pre-wired to accept the camera or is a piggyback harness going to be necessary?

Brian Brown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just finished installing on my 2020 2500 Laramie, works great. You will need to use AfaOBD, Security Bypass module or cable, and purchase the OEM CHMSL . I found mine on Ebay, listed for $350, offered $300 and they accepted,should have offered less. You can find the wire harness for the Security Bypass and the CHMSL with instructions here:
2016 - 2019 RAM CHMSL Camera Harness | KaodTech
https://www.kaodtech.com/

Projekt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just finished installing on my 2020 2500 Laramie, works great. You will need to use AfaOBD, Security Bypass module or cable, and purchase the OEM CHMSL . I found mine on Ebay, listed for $350, offered $300 and they accepted,should have offered less. You can find the wire harness for the Security Bypass and the CHMSL with instructions here:
2016 - 2019 RAM CHMSL Camera Harness | KaodTech
https://www.kaodtech.com/

Do you have a part number? was it just plug and play? I have the alphaOBD already. What about the switch? How does it work? I'm not familiar with it

Brian Brown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Once you enable the camera using Alfaobd a switch appears on the radio screen, see instructions on the Kaodtech.com site. The most difficult part is installing the wire harness from the camera to the dash, which requires adding wires with connector pins into 2 different connectors, one behind the rear side trim panel just below the headliner on the driver side and the other one behind the removable trim panel left of the head light switch. I just checked Ebay and none available with the correct connector. I made the mistake of first purchasing the wrong one. There appear be 2 connector types, one is coax and one is a 6 pin connector, both were listed with the same part number. If you find one listed on Ebay, look closely at the picture of the back side, if it has a single 1/4 inch tube sticking out at about 33 degrees just to the left of the white connector, its Not the one you want. Needs to look like the attached image. Screenshot_20210223-100841_Chrome.jpg