Caring for my new trucks exterior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cuminslvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
I am trying to decide how to best protect and care for my truck. I cant really do washes etc by myself. Don't stand or walk to well. Should I be considering a coating, and then if I do what kind of after care should I do

thanks in advance

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Coatings aren't apply and forget it, contrary to popular belief. They require maintenance to keep their benefits so consider this before deciding. Keeping any vehicle clean is key to having it look it's best, regardless of what type of protection is on there, and washing correctly is, of course, important as well.

Figure out how often and who will be washing your truck and then decide if you're able to maintain a coating or not. Otherwise, a sealant is still perfectly fine and can be done once or twice a year.

OP
OP
cuminslvr

cuminslvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
Thanks for your reply. I've clearly got some learning to do.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is your truck a daily driver? Do you keep your truck in a garage when not in use? When you wash your truck do you use a "brush style" or a "touchless" car wash or is it hand washed?
Jay

OP
OP
cuminslvr

cuminslvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
It is a daily driver, although not that far. I don't have a garage unfortunately, one of the short comings of this property. Told the Ball & Chain that the next place will have a 2 car at least or I am not going lol.. I have to find a good brushless car wash. But that would be my preferred method.

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4x4 Laramie AirRide
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you go to the car washes you are kinda screwed either way. Touch style will give you swirl marks if you go to the touch-less they use harsher soaps and chemicals that can be very hard on sealants and can also strip wax. Best case is to wash yourself and use two bucket method or foam cannon and clean rinse bucket. I lean towards coatings but in your case I am not sure it would be the best for you. Sealants might be your better option and they are much more forgiving to do yourself.