Carli Suspension vs Synergy - Multi-Rate Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nuno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok,
so my 1500 Mega 06 Hemi needs a 3" lift.

I actually got some PW front springs (came with the PW axles I got and installing) that I could install. They will give me lift already...but my problem is that the ride as of today with stock springs, no load, is super stiff. Highway etc...

So I am considering these 2 options for the Hemi Springs 3" lift.

Synergy:
8555-30-HD 3.0" Lift Coils for Diesel - Fits (03-13) 2500 / (03-12) 3500 4x4 Diesel
8555-30-LD 3.0" Lift Coils for Gas - Fits (03-13) 2500 / (03-12) 3500 / (06-08) 1500 Mega Cab 4x4 Hemi - Discontinued
Due to the additional weight of megacab truck configurations, we recommend all gas megacab trucks use Heavy Duty (HD) front coil springs instead of Light Duty (LD) front coil springs. LD front coil springs will give less lift than advertised.

So it seems I need 8555-30-HD

Carli Suspension
CS-DMRC-03-H
Multi Rate Coil Springs, 3" Lift, 2003-2012 Hemi & 1994-2002 Diesel
- 2.75"-3" Lift Height Depending on Cab Configuration
- Multi-Rate
- Shot peened, pre-set & Powder Coated
- Fitment: 2003-2012 Ram 3500 4x4 Hemi
- Fitment: 2003-2013 Ram 2500 4x4 Hemi
- Fitment: 1994-2002 Ram 2500/3500 4x4 Diesel

My problem is:
Since it is MegaCab, Synergy does a good job stating that for extra weight of cab recommend HD version. But it is the same for heavy diesel engine.... so too stiff?
They even provided me the load rating for initial and primary. (Valuable info)
Carli, on the other hand, just say... this model for all hemi engines. Not mentioning extra cab weight.
When contacting I just got... they ride much better than stock ones... well that is not enough to anyone to make a decision, and most important to compare with other market options...

So Asking the forum:
- do you guys know spring rate of Carli CS-DMRC-03-H ? primary and initial? (multi-rate)
- do you guys have experience with the Synergy Multi-rate? Are they kind of soft?

my use is going to be mostly recreational(overland, off-road, highway, not towing that much)

'06 Ram 2500

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am looking real seriously at the Carli 2.0 Performance System with the torsion bar and progressive leaf springs for my 2096 2500 4x4 Hemi. They seem to specialize on Ram where others don’t have options on the older models. Carli also has upgrade ball joints if you need them as well. The local shop will drive your truck and help with the options.

'06 Ram 2500

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looked at the Synergy website and they look much more expensive. Will stay with Carli.

'06 Ram 2500

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ended up purchasing the Carli 3" Starter System with the Torsion Sway Bar, Add-a-Pack leaf spring modification, adjustable track bar and extended control arms. Also keeping the stock wheels and will wrap with new Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.5r17 E. The main idea is to improve the ride quality for on-road and light off-roading and be able to run larger tires. Carli offers free shipping and I will install myself. Will post pictures when it is done.

Gravel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 2500 4x4
Engine
CTD
Please post when you have it all done, I’m going to do a very similar suspension install on my CCLB CTD. I’m trying to decide between Thuren and Carli..

'06 Ram 2500

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Carli Starter Suspension DIY install at home. Instructions were well documented by Carli, just take it slow if you don't do this on a regular basis like me. Removing the tie bar ends was a challenge as well as installing the track bar and required 200 ft/# torque on the heim joint. Upper and lower extended control arms were straight forward along with torquing. The Torsion Sway bar is pretty cool and should help with better compliant ride. All components are way beefier than the stock units it replaced. Front was raised 2" from stock. Half way finished on rear mods of Add A Pack and Shocks and expecting a 1" lift. Did all work my self after reading the instructions multiple times and watching some YouTube videos. Not easy but certainly not impossible for a backyard hack. Will post final pics after alignment and new tire/wheel install by Discount Tire. I took my time and did the front over the weekend working thru rain showers and other delays . Doing the rear mods in the evening after work. You need a good quality set of C-Clamps for the rear leaf springs and have to release the emergency brake to get enough stretch on the cable for the driver's side. Just don't remove the opposite rear shock so the pinion does not rotate when dropping the axle. Also did some other maintenance work too after removing much of the front suspension. Very pleased with the results so far.

Carli Front Suspension.jpg Carli Rear Add A Pack and Shocks.jpg 35's to be mounted after alignment.jpg

Gravel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 2500 4x4
Engine
CTD
Looks great! I’m really curious about the ride with the progressive add-a-pack in back, they look like a great way to get the leaf springs to actually move.

'06 Ram 2500

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A26E17CC-4EA2-4B03-84FE-03C52AF24994.jpeg Ride is much improved. Will do it again on my next truck but that will be way down the line. I like it too much now! Haha.

beng3303

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 2500 HD
Engine
5.7- Non mds
View attachment 205912 Ride is much improved. Will do it again on my next truck but that will be way down the line. I like it too much now! Haha.
How is the ride ? You still liking it ? I am pondering the Carli kit as well, just because it improves ride, suspension travel and also is modular so you can continue to add to it through various suspension modifications.