CarPlay not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I have a 2019 classic and I installed the CarPlay radio 4c UAS. Everything works including Siri but CarPlay will not launch. My CarPlay setting on my phone doesn’t recognize the vehicle and after It’s plugged in for a while I get a notification saying there is a connection error with your CarPlay device. I’ve tried my wife’s phone. Disconnecting battery for multiple hours. Found the most recent update and did that but still nothing. And now since I updated it doesn’t give me the error anymore but it still doesn’t try to recognize anything. The only thing I haven’t tried is an android device.

View attachment 165266
You likely have the wrong USB hub. Verify yours against the 2 PNs listed in the UAQ upgrade thread for CarPlay compatibility.

M² Mods.

adgrayiv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2018 - 2500 Gasser with Hemi... I am using a Android S9 and Android Auto sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. It is driving me crazy. I don't use all the time but when it doesn't work my phone won't charge or it charges at a very very slow rate like at 30% it says it will take 21hrs to fully charge at that rate if I use the phone it is draining the battery faster than charging. I just took it in to get the update over a week ago and everything was working great until today and now it doing the same **** again. Does anyohe have a solution to help fix this issue. I have used the cord that came with the phone and a new cord. both cords work fine with a battery pack or wall outlet but the damn truck sucks.

Suggestions welcomed!!!

PWReich

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What is the status on the "unicorn" software enhancement that is supposed to address CarPlay instability and the modem going to sleep after 15 minutes instead of staying online to receive messages for the design 7 days? VIN 1C6SRFJT9KN807740 4,000 miles. Starting to get real frustrated. Small thing really but Not a cheap truck either. I didn't buy it with the understanding that some things would work like crap.

upload_2019-8-21_9-55-44.png

GunnyZXR

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 Indy Pace Truck (Sold) 2002 Quad Cab SLT/2019 Laramie
Engine
5.9/5.9/5.7
My Android Auto doesn't work in my 2 day old Laramie either. Worked once when I first plugged my phone in. Hasn't since. Truck has 68 miles on it.....

walker111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You likely have the wrong USB hub. Verify yours against the 2 PNs listed in the UAQ upgrade thread for CarPlay compatibility.

M² Mods.
I’ve had my 18 radio and hub in my 16 for a couple of year now and mine just started showing that screen when plugging up. No software updates have been done on the radio itself. Does it for multiple iPhones.