Carven progressive or B2 18" magna Flow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dls56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Am thinking about getting a little more sound out of my 2019 Classic 5.7 Hemi. Not really looking for power just a little more rumble to listen to. Enjoy reading opinions and suggestions on this site.
Thanks in advance for your input.
Am planning on doing the swap myself ergo the bolt on option.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Am thinking about getting a little more sound out of my 2019 Classic 5.7 Hemi. Not really looking for power just a little more rumble to listen to. Enjoy reading opinions and suggestions on this site.
Thanks in advance for your input.
Am planning on doing the swap myself ergo the bolt on option.
Skip the disappointment and follow my lead

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have Magnaflow catback and really like it. For just a muffler swap my friend has Pypes Violator muffler kit, it really sounds fantastic, he's gotten quite a few compliments on the sound.

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would recommend the Pypes Violator, Solo Performance Mach 40 or the 18" Magnaflow option for DIY. Some folks have complained that the Carven is too loud. Really depends on what you're after. I've had lots of mufflers and always come back to the milder sounding ones.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I would recommend the Pypes Violator, Solo Performance Mach 40 or the 18" Magnaflow option for DIY. Some folks have complained that the Carven is too loud. Really depends on what you're after. I've had lots of mufflers and always come back to the milder sounding ones.

I’ve got the Solo Exhaust Delete Kit on my 6.4 and absolutely love it. I’ve had it on for 2 years now. I left the factory resonator in place and put a 6x12” tip on it and it’s awesome.
The factory resonator really helps keep the drone down to nearly nothing.

The Blue Mule

OP
OP
D

dls56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for all the swell replies. Whatever I end up doing it has to be wife friendly because I'm not riding with her, lol. Figure I better keep it mild. I've had Magnaflow on a GMC in the past that sounded good and didn't give her heartburn. Would like to support one of the sponsors here as well.
Keep'em coming.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It all depends on how loud you would like it and also if drone is a major concern. We have multiple bolt on muffler kit options.

Solo, Carven, Magnaflow, etc...

Let me know if we can help. We can discuss the options and figure out what will work best for you.

Message me for any info and quotes

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Thanks for all the swell replies. Whatever I end up doing it has to be wife friendly because I'm not riding with her, lol. Figure I better keep it mild. I've had Magnaflow on a GMC in the past that sounded good and didn't give her heartburn. Would like to support one of the sponsors here as well.
Keep'em coming.

Then the Solo is the way to go

The Blue Mule

hemi-ram2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram Laramie hemi CrewCab
Engine
5.7 hemi
Carven Progressive and Love It. Lound when you want it quiet when you don't.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I had a 18" maggy clone and it droned too bad between 1500-1900. Sold it and got a dynomax ultraflow catback with 2.5" tails... loved that exhaust on my 14 express CC. The muffler on that is a 23" case and got lots of compliments... a nice tone and no drone. Still have the catback but took me 5 hrs to get it off due to rust at the muffler outlets. The case is 304SS but the inlets/outlets are 409 or aluminized and the tail pipes don't look the best after a few years in the rust belt. I have been rocking the stock exhaust on my 18 Laramie CC for almost 2 years but I want alittle more growl again. Ordered a Borla pro XS with a 19" case and will make it fit. I dont like loud on a DD and the trucks drone so easily you can't really get away with anything 18" or smaller without a tradeoff. Sweet spot for me has been in the 18"+. FYI the stock muffler is 26" long case KEG.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My opinion, carven is just a junk noise maker. I have had several exhaust setups on my truck and so far the magnaflow is my favorite.

Nick@gotexhaust is awesome to deal with and can get you fixed up!

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the carven progressive - it was simply too loud on cold starts given that I live in a subdivision. My wife hated being woke up at 5:30 am by it. I loved the sound - it was well built and really did sound awesome. But just too much for my situation. So I have been back to stock for a while but would like to get to Solo and hear their options.

south7west

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 LoneStar
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I currently have the Carven Competitor on my truck right now, and I can defiantly understand some people saying it's too loud lol. I personally like it a lot, but my neighbors might not as much. It is a loud muffler, if you can even call it that as it is just a straight pipe with a small expansion half-way through. If you are worried about noise you might be better off getting one of the magnaflow models that just make it a bit more deeper. Good luck!

tzmndvl308

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't use B2 Fabrication. Poor quality and fit. Company is difficult to deal with. One of those companies that never make mistakes. Aggressive replies to problems.