Catastrophic Transmission Failure with eBay seller not honoring warranty or returns.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well. This has to be one of the worst months in my entire life.

So, what happened. Saturday morning i get into my truck, truck shifts from 1-2 at a higher RPM than usual and then goes directly into limp home mode.

Okay, so, i’m able to drive it home with nothing else going wrong. Check the codes, the codes are P0822, P0871 and P0846. I checked the fluid, it’s at the proper level, nothing much wrong there.

Take the pan off to inspect the valve body and solenoid pack, and the solenoid pack is a white solenoid on a 5 check ball VB, which i thought was unusual. So i replaced it with a gray one, reflashed the TCM, and guess what, same issues. When i had the pan off too there was lots of metal in it.

So, i contacted the eBay seller, to ask what i should do and if it’s possible to get another transmission or if i could get my money back and return it, as they offered 30 day returns. I told them (in detail mind you) what happened, but i left out the part of me flashing the TCM.

I received an email on ebay essentially telling me to **** off and that since i “never performed a TCM flash” that my warranty is voided.

So, now, i’m out of a transmission, truck isn’t working, and pretty soon i’m going to need to tow a trailer to one of my work sites, and i can’t exactly tow with a Chrysler 300. Not to mention i’m out of nearly 2,000$.

Has anyone had this happen before, and what can i do? I’m completely lost.

Oh yeah, and did i mention, their very very very unintelligent and highly moronic trans techs forgot to install the canister filter on right and i didn’t discover that until around a week ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
File a complaint with eBay. I got into one of these situations long ago and the eBay staff saved my ass. Provide them all pertinent info including receipts, invoices or quotes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Okay, thank you for telling me. I’m waiting for their last response back as i don’t want any excuses from them, and then i’m going to go through eBay.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you file a complaint with eBay you WILL get your money back but you will be forced to eat the return shipping. That sucks but it’s better than nothing I guess. I have bought and sold hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of stuff on there over the years and they’ve always sided with the buyer every single time in my experience. Let us know what happens.

Danes

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would also double check and see if their listing plainly stated that you NEEDED to flash your TCM. If it did, you might be up a creek. Side note, I’d totally try to tow a trailer with a 300, just to see if I could hahaha

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
If you file a complaint with eBay you WILL get your money back but you will be forced to eat the return shipping. That sucks but it’s better than nothing I guess. I have bought and sold hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of stuff on there over the years and they’ve always sided with the buyer every single time in my experience. Let us know what happens.

I have absolutely 0 issue with paying return shipping. I do NOT want to deal with this.

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I would also double check and see if their listing plainly stated that you NEEDED to flash your TCM. If it did, you might be up a creek. Side note, I’d totally try to tow a trailer with a 300, just to see if I could hahaha

Well, it said that it was required, but i DID flash the TCM after it was installed. I didn’t even have the truck on until it was flashed. a361fe29bae247dd8276bcf651e2cb5a.png
Side note, it wasn’t that much metal. I’d say it was relatively average (there were some shavings but it wasn’t anything like springs or stuff of that matter.)

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like others have said hash it out with ebay I sell alot on there it may take a bit tho. Also never buy this type of stuff on ebay same for engines Junk yards or order from a reputable site. Any local trans shops to rebuild your old trans? unless you sent the core back already? I wouldn't lol.

Last edited:

Dakota2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ebay return guarantee. You will have to eat the shipping but at least you’ll get something back. Leave a bad review. EBay sellers have to abide by certain feedback standards.

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Ebay return guarantee. You will have to eat the shipping but at least you’ll get something back. Leave a bad review. EBay sellers have to abide by certain feedback standards.

Thank you. I’m feeling much better now, i’m okay with paying return shipping.

Dakota2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you. I’m feeling much better now, i’m okay with paying return shipping.

No problem. I’m just sorry you have to tear all that out and go through all that trouble. I’d be double pissed because I’m not mechanically inclined with trannys and would’ve paid someone to put it in.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Not sure why you didn't tell them you flashed the TCM like it said in their listing. While Ebay usually sides with the buyer, the seller can make it difficult or offer a partial refund citing your failure to follow the instructions in the listing to flash the TCM.

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Not sure why you didn't tell them you flashed the TCM like it said in their listing. While Ebay usually sides with the buyer, the seller can make it difficult or offer a partial refund citing your failure to follow the instructions in the listing to flash the TCM.

It wasn’t really on my mind at the time as i have lots of other things to stress about and i thought it would’ve been obvious in the heat of the moment. My mistake 100%.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I totally get that. Best of luck and keep us posted on how it turns out. I have had to return $50 - $100 items on Ebay, never an issue. I would be interested in how their return policy plays out with a big ticket item like this one.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Contact Your Seller
If an item hasn’t arrived or isn’t as described, go to My eBay, select the item in your purchase history, and reach out to your seller.

Not resolved? Let us know.
If you’ve talked to your seller and the issue still isn’t resolved after three business days, contact us.

We’ll get your money back. Fast.
You can count on hearing from us within 48 hours.

I used it once, they wouldn't let me write a review. I guess If they give you a refund, they wont let you harm someone's biziness even if he is a ****.

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I totally get that. Best of luck and keep us posted on how it turns out. I have had to return $50 - $100 items on Ebay, never an issue. I would be interested in how their return policy plays out with a big ticket item like this one.

I will. I’m going to wait until tomorrow to complain to give them time and plus i have crap tons of stuff to do today. Thank you for your help.

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Contact Your Seller
If an item hasn’t arrived or isn’t as described, go to My eBay, select the item in your purchase history, and reach out to your seller.

Not resolved? Let us know.
If you’ve talked to your seller and the issue still isn’t resolved after three business days, contact us.

We’ll get your money back. Fast.
You can count on hearing from us within 48 hours.

I used it once, they wouldn't let me write a review. I guess If they give you a refund, they wont let you harm someone's biziness even if he is a ****.

Small price to pay to get what’s yours back, in my opinion.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Oh yeah, and did i mention, their very very very unintelligent and highly moronic trans techs forgot to install the canister filter on right and i didn’t discover that until around a week ago.

So you been driving with no filter?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam