Catastrophic Transmission Failure with eBay seller not honoring warranty or returns.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh yeah, forgot to mention this. The seller is reinstating my warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
During this whole time, did the seller know you opened up the pan on the trans and tried fixing it
yourself?

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
During this whole time, did the seller know you opened up the pan on the trans and tried fixing it
yourself?

They knew; it was the one of the first things i told them.

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
If you file a complaint with eBay you WILL get your money back but you will be forced to eat the return shipping. That sucks but it’s better than nothing I guess. I have bought and sold hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of stuff on there over the years and they’ve always sided with the buyer every single time in my experience. Let us know what happens.

I bought one time on eBay and got screwed. They didn’t side. With me. Seller was a jerk. Oh well only once. Nuff said.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought one time on eBay and got screwed. They didn’t side. With me. Seller was a jerk. Oh well only once. Nuff said.
That’s highly unusual. I had one case where they didn’t want to side with me as a buyer where I had to call them personally and after hearing my argument they ruled in my favor.

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
One time i had bought a Keurig coffee maker, and one of the nicer high end ones.

Fedex screwed up, (nothing unusual there) and i got refunded within the day. And then a couple weeks later, a nice elderly couple comes up to my door with guess what, the keurig. She said she never brought it to me because they were busy.

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
That’s highly unusual. I had one case where they didn’t want to side with me as a buyer where I had to call them personally and after hearing my argument they ruled in my favor.
Strange for me because I had proof and they still went with him. Happy for you but I just want buy anything from eBay again.

Walter Mc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Someone might have already said this, and you may have done it.......ALWAYS contact sellers through Ebay messaging. That way, when you contact them Ebay has a copy of ALL communication. I had an issue a few years ago with an ebay seller and them having all the messages saved my case.

JS4024

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Flashing or not flashing the TCM would NOT cause a catastrophic failure. It could cause check engine, limp mode, but it would not destroy the tranny.

DaveSharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well. This has to be one of the worst months in my entire life.

So, what happened. Saturday morning i get into my truck, truck shifts from 1-2 at a higher RPM than usual and then goes directly into limp home mode.

Okay, so, i’m able to drive it home with nothing else going wrong. Check the codes, the codes are P0822, P0871 and P0846. I checked the fluid, it’s at the proper level, nothing much wrong there.

Take the pan off to inspect the valve body and solenoid pack, and the solenoid pack is a white solenoid on a 5 check ball VB, which i thought was unusual. So i replaced it with a gray one, reflashed the TCM, and guess what, same issues. When i had the pan off too there was lots of metal in it.

So, i contacted the eBay seller, to ask what i should do and if it’s possible to get another transmission or if i could get my money back and return it, as they offered 30 day returns. I told them (in detail mind you) what happened, but i left out the part of me flashing the TCM.

I received an email on ebay essentially telling me to **** off and that since i “never performed a TCM flash” that my warranty is voided.

So, now, i’m out of a transmission, truck isn’t working, and pretty soon i’m going to need to tow a trailer to one of my work sites, and i can’t exactly tow with a Chrysler 300. Not to mention i’m out of nearly 2,000$.

Has anyone had this happen before, and what can i do? I’m completely lost.

Oh yeah, and did i mention, their very very very unintelligent and highly moronic trans techs forgot to install the canister filter on right and i didn’t discover that until around a week ago.

Quote you: So i replaced it with a gray one, reflashed the TCM, and guess what, same issues

If you flashed the TCM earlier and it has the correct software then it didn't need a flash now did it? :) The flash is to bring it up to the proper calibration and so you have. It doesn't need to be flashed again if it was flashed earlier with the proper soft.

HANSOME

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 1500
Engine
They know they have to eat it, they are just being stubborn.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I bought a used transmission one time , and than had to rebuild it. May as well just rebuilt the original