Center console armrest squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weimer369

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Has anybody found a fix for the dreaded center console armrest squeak ?? Mine is driving me nuts!! Just have to lightly press your finger on it and it squeaks like crazy...gotten to the point i try not to use the thing. I haven't been in for my first service to complain to the dealer yet, wondering if there is something i can do myself to fix it ?

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Good luck as when I took mine in, they swore they was nothing they found TSB to correct it. It’s sad as every owner that I’ve been in contact with it has THAT squeak. I’m going to keep taking it back until they are sick of hearing about it !!!!!

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I also have the squeak, and haven’t had my first service yet either. Here’s hoping someone has dug into it and found the source, since the dealerships are not eager to assist...

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I was sent another survey from FCA yesterday about my service and I made sure to emphasis the service department even though they heard it was quick to not be of any help.

dozer327

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My dealer just swapped mine out with another new truck on the lot and no more squeak.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Mine didn’t even in my opinion attempt to do anything for me.

scout110801

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Mine squeaks also. Going to ask on first service

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
mine squeaks also. I have the bench seat. To my eye it looks like the part of leather/vinyl on the arm rest is rubbing on the 'fixed' portion that houses the cup holders. So like a leather to leather rubbing that causes the squeak. Since I'm guessing it's vinyl coated or synthetic that might be why it makes so much racket? When you raise the arm rest to reveal the storage there are these rubber 'boots' that soften the closing of the lid. I'm going to try positioning something of that sort closer to the closing point to see if that helps. If I jam my finger in that gap I'm speaking of it seems to quiet the squeak a lot.

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Found this on another forum. Several people in the thread tried it and reported it fully fixed it.. YMMV

Probably not the best solution, but I just banged on my with my fist a couple times and it went away.
Success posts:
Three fist pounds and just like that, the squeak is gone. Thanks for the tip.
One good pound and squeak went away. No issues.
Yep. Had the squeak. Searched it here. Dropped my fist on it twice and it's gone. U guys rock upload_2018-12-13_11-40-58.gif

So maybe the solution is just to whoop on it? Or go to the dealer and wait for a replacement (a month+ some are saying). Haven’t tried it myself because I’m inside and my truck is currently outside. :D

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Hit it a couple times today and it did actually fix it. Good stuff I guess?

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie Crew Cab - Flame Red
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Has anybody reported any more success with the fix for this squeak? Is it as simple as banging on it a couple of times? I was going to bring it up with the dealer the next time I'm in for service. It sure is annoying.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I had my dealership order and replace the lid, no more noise after that.....

jimh4662

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RAM Laramie Longhorn C.C. Delmonico Red PearlCoat
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealer replaced mine. Now no squeak. It's been reported on several sights. Dealer didn't even flinch.