Center Console to Jump Seat Mod??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToothNinja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel
So, I have a 2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn. It is a 5 seater and I need it to be a 6 seater. I am thinking to take out the center console and putting a jump seat in. Has anyone done this? Is it too difficult?? How does the finish-out look? WHat happens with the A/C ducts and other electronic stuff in the center console? Is the arm rest cover the same size as the jump seat cover, as this would be ideal for esthetic purposes? Any helpful knowledge would be appreciated!

SteelyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are a few swap threads and its usually very straight forward. I have a jump seat and want a console. Usually the best way is to find someone and swap. I am willing to swap are you?

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Use the search feature, lots of threads on how to do this.
Pretty straight forward.
There are some parts, for sale, right now. That you would need.
As mentioned, could always trade with another, who wants the same thing but reverse.

Should note, the jump seat is tight, only for little people.

OP
OP
T

ToothNinja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel
I've seen lots of posts for the jump seat to center console, but not in the reverse. Seems it should be straightforward, but just wondering if I am the only one trying to do so. Also, is the 1500 seat the same size as a 2500 seat?

SteelyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've seen lots of posts for the jump seat to center console, but not in the reverse. Seems it should be straightforward, but just wondering if I am the only one trying to do so. Also, is the 1500 seat the same size as a 2500 seat?

Seats should be the same size.

And yea, I really wish I had a console in my truck. Not much use of that jump seat for me

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

What color is your interior? Where do you live?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Karstensdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 2500 Big Horn
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I want to go from jump seat to console.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a gray jumpseat from my 2014 for sale if you're interested...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

ToothNinja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel
To all who've replied: Thank you for the interest in trading, but I have to keep the console. I was hoping to find someone who has done this and trying to see if there was a parts list and a "go-by" guide to make this an easier mod. There are plenty of people who have done the jumpseat to console, but not the other way around. Also, the dealerships around here are less than helpful. The best answer I got from them was, "well, look around and see if there is someone who has what you're looking for, get the VIN number and we can go from there."

Danielm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, I have a 2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn. It is a 5 seater and I need it to be a 6 seater. I am thinking to take out the center console and putting a jump seat in. Has anyone done this? Is it too difficult?? How does the finish-out look? WHat happens with the A/C ducts and other electronic stuff in the center console? Is the arm rest cover the same size as the jump seat cover, as this would be ideal for esthetic purposes? Any helpful knowledge would be appreciated!
I need same thing any help in this also. Mine is black leather and need seat