Ceramic Coating. $$$$$$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pretty awesome.
The detail shop that does my vehicles just got voted one of the top 9 detail shops in the U.S.A. from Autoweek Magazine. (They really do amazing work there.)
CONGRATS!! :favorites13:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's nice to have someone so close that you can count on to do an excellent job on your vehicles. For those of us that really care about how our trucks look, good professional detailers are worth their weight in gold, either for the work they do or for the information they can provide to us.
Jay

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's nice to have someone so close that you can count on to do an excellent job on your vehicles. For those of us that really care about how our trucks look, good professional detailers are worth their weight in gold, either for the work they do or for the information they can provide to us.
Jay

I agree Jay.
I wish they were close, but they are not. They were about an hour away when I went, but they have moved since then. Now, they are about and hour and a half away. LOL
BUT,.......as you know, there aren't many Cquartz Finest detailers around. I think the next closest one to me is in the next state of New Hampshire! lol
:crazy::crazy::roflsquared:
They kept egging me on to bring my Roush to have done, but I do that bad boy by myself. No coatings on that car, just polish. Not even wax. I do rinseless washes on it, although, it very seldom gets dirty as I don't drive it much or in the rain, wet pavement or snow.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree Jay.
I wish they were close, but they are not. They were about an hour away when I went, but they have moved since then. Now, they are about and hour and a half away. LOL
BUT,.......as you know, there aren't many Cquartz Finest detailers around. I think the next closest one to me is in the next state of New Hampshire! lol
:crazy::crazy::roflsquared:
They kept egging me on to bring my Roush to have done, but I do that bad boy by myself. No coatings on that car, just polish. Not even wax. I do rinseless washes on it, although, it very seldom gets dirty as I don't drive it much or in the rain, wet pavement or snow.

Roush pics pls!

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ceramic coatings will generally last longer and give you more protection than a normal sealant or wax. It will also reduce the maintenance you have to do, however a coating is not maintenance free. If you do not properly "correct" your paint before you install the coating you will be able to see all the defects through the coating. IMHO if you plan on installing your own coating remember; preparation, preperation, preperation!!!! Most coatings that are available to the general public are pretty user friendly, read the directions, watch videos and U tube. I like the coatings that you can still top them from time to time with a spray wax, polish or detailer. It just gives it a little extra "pop" and I think it helps with the longevity of the coating. Lastly, and some have found---they ain't cheap, especially if you have someone else install it.
Jay

Here here. Mind you I have had my GT500 and SRT8 Challenger power polished/detailed etc at different shops=$$$$$$$$$$$ many many times. At one shop the detailer dropped a buffing cloth and was getting ready to use it on the 500, as you can imagine with me standing there it did not happen, oh and I never went back there. If I could not watch the detailer in action they did not get my money. I wish I lived down south as I had the SRT8 done at a shop in Burbank Cali and it was soooooo much cheaper than up here. My wife was not amused as I dragged her along for the ride ha ha I am still using the Angel product but once it runs out I may try this system.:favorites13:

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I tried to type in my original post but bahhhhhhhhhh. Nice Hellcat but for me it is 2 door or hit the road including trucks ie RAM R/T lol

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Couple of pics after ceramic coating. Tried to take a pic of the water bead up, but it would bead up and roll off crazy fast before I could snap a pic lol

Attachments

• IMG_20170408_163731.jpg
    IMG_20170408_163731.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20170408_163733.jpg
    IMG_20170408_163733.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20170408_153326.jpg
    IMG_20170408_153326.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20170408_153337.jpg
    IMG_20170408_153337.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 67

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Looks dynamite. :favorites13:
Which ceramic coating? (Sorry for the many questions. lol That is what I meant to ask originally.)

Chad uses a few different ones, this was C9Coatings

How much and what kind of coating? Just got mine. Ack from STL ceramic works and love it. Need to take a pic tomorrow.

Pricing varies a lot.......and, I get a nice discount as he does all of our headlights and I refer a ****load of people to him.

Couple of pics after ceramic coating. Tried to take a pic of the water bead up, but it would bead up and roll off crazy fast before I could snap a pic lol

Check this video!

https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.mcfail/videos/10210629398605641/?permPage=1

alexalex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
If you want the best, but expensive, wet sand which will get rid if any marks, then paint protection film, then ceramic coat here over that.
Very expensive but the best. If its a keeper that's the way to go.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not for most weekend warriors and not without a thickness gauge. IMHO as a rule of thumb---leave the sanding to the experts.
Jay

2WDGranite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would it offer any UV protection? Some people have had success with ceramic coating over plastic which is smooth but also porous.

2WDGranite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The upcharge to add UV protection for some spray-in liners like Linex is significant enough that if a ceramic coating could help slow down fading and add protection for spills and stains, it might make sense for some people. I'm surprised there isn't more information on this online as it seems people have tried ceramic coating everything from plastic headlights to windows.

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bed liners are a little beyond porous, like most plastic trim. You can get away with coating trim but I really doubt coating a bedliner, especially spray on, will do much of anything.

modstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Laramie
This is a great investment if you plan to keep to vehicle. Always wanted to try it myself.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lots of information available for the DIY guys. Prep is the most important step.
Jay

tbta02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
comes out awesome. needed a lot of paint correction the swirls were pretty bad from the car wash. paid almost 1500 $ but it came out beautiful. looks great after every wash too 5 year gauraunty