Ceramic tinted windshield - caution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prohunter4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am an investor in a tint/car audio shop. This is a known problem with several of Dodges vehicles due to the location of the BCM. Our guys use absorbent ropes and blankets to prevent this from happening. The few times it has happened, they were able to dry out the module on all but one of the vehicles.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Good thread -- @Pull Ya , I might get my windshield done once I get a chip resin'd and I will go to that place you recommend.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I’ll be the guy who says I’ve had air80 on my front windshield before and honestly don’t think it did much. The dash would still get too hot to touch in the summer, and it’s definitley easier to see out of at night with no tint. When I had it installed I didn’t notice a lack of vision, but now not having it I notice how much clearer night driving is without the “blue” coloring.

I would be interested in trying a normal “grey” tint and seeing how it compares to the air80 but probably won’t tint this windshield.