Ceramic Wax and detailer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lee Pedrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I used Turtle Wax ceramic wash and wax an the detailer spray on my 17 Ram for 3 years. NOTHING BETTER!! Water just rolls off and the paint so smooth. Costs more but well worth it,,, and the shine??? Unreal Guys. Going to switch to Meguiars ceramic next because Turtale Wax is getting hard to find.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just did my buddy's scat pack with turle wax hybrid solutions polish and wax and finished it off with the ceramic spray for a top coat. Turned out awesome. I've tried the meguiars ceramic spray in the blue bottle, didn't care for it.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use Meguiars ceramic and I always loved it but when I run out I think I'll try Turtle Wax. This video compares many of the top brands and (spoiler) Turtle Wax comes out on top. I like this guy. He does some pretty good testing.

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like the turtle wax also ...... but I too have had a hard time finding it on the shelf?

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
I use Meguiars ceramic and I always loved it but when I run out I think I'll try Turtle Wax. This video compares many of the top brands and (spoiler) Turtle Wax comes out on top. I like this guy. He does some pretty good testing.

The Project Farm videos are usually on point and unbiased with a common sense testing approach. I would also suggest Aerolon Tech Shine but it requires a sponge application. I've done comparison testing and I prefer Aerolon over the Meguiar's. I'll try the Turtle Wax this spring. The Meguiar's has really gone up in price as well last I looked. For a 1 step, the Aerolon Tech Polish is also great. I use both Aerolon products on the vehicles, boat, trailers, camper, ATV's, & motorcycles.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll check it out. Thanks.

JNelson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Used the Turtle Wax One and Done on my wife’s 2020 Challenger. Followed with the Graphene Spray and it came out extremely well.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With the detailing world the brands and products has exploded!! It really is overwhelming the amount of products. The good thing is no matter what you reach for is a good product. Every brand has come out with modern products, Nufinish even came out with a ceramic spray. If you see how so many people care for their cars/trucks, an automatic car wash is considered a car detail by many, so if anyone puts the time and effort into actually putting a wax/sealant/coating onto their ride it's a win.

For a longer lasting, easy to apply coating, Gyeon's new Cancoat Evo is getting alot of great feedback on the detailing forums. It is a bit of a boutique line so not bought off retail store shelves, but it is another great line.
For off the shelf, I have always been a Meguiar's guy. This past summer I switched from Ultimate Liquid Wax to M27 (which is not sold off the shelf, but is 'kinda' like their pro version of Ceramic Liquid Wax - yellow bottle) and am loving it. I have been washing and maintaining with Hybrid Ceramic Wash & Wax and M799 and the Ceramic Spray Wax in the blue bottle with fantastic results. Truck beads like it is freshly coated, but it basically is getting topped up with those products, lol.

But like I said, every product today is a big win:waytogo:

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've tried several Ceramic sprays, my favorite being the Griots Garage brand. Meguiars was also quite nice as well. Works FANTASTIC on My Ariens snow blower, and Honda lawn mower too!

slickracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used Turtle Wax ceramic wash and wax an the detailer spray on my 17 Ram for 3 years. NOTHING BETTER!! Water just rolls off and the paint so smooth. Costs more but well worth it,,, and the shine??? Unreal Guys. Going to switch to Meguiars ceramic next because Turtale Wax is getting hard to find.

Did you use the Ceramic Spray Coating first? I've found that to be a great bottom layer!

OP
OP
L

Lee Pedrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Did you use the Ceramic Spray Coating first? I've found that to be a great bottom layer!
No just the wash and wax first. Its not the permanent wax, if thats what you are talking about. Its the detailer spray that really gives it the slick smooth finish. Lasts 4 to 6 months. Can't afford the "Permanent" ceramic coating.

GNXtoWS6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
I read somewhere that the ceramic molecules are too large to bond to clearcoat so its a waste of money. I find that hard to believe given all the products out there. Just hype?

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I read somewhere that the ceramic molecules are too large to bond to clearcoat so its a waste of money. I find that hard to believe given all the products out there. Just hype?
Personally all of this spray ceramic is not a true ceramic. If it was it would clog the sprayer tip in just a matter of a few sprays. Honestly something like Carpro hydro h20 is going to give you the same results and a better shine and bead vs these "ceramic sprays"

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
Very true Treburkulosis. Most of the sprays are or contain Si02 or silicon dioxide. It is found in nature and commonly called quartz. Hence the "leapfrog" to ceramic in naming. As an example the TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wax is: "Super-hydrophobic, SIO2 formula" per their advertising.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very true Treburkulosis. Most of the sprays are or contain Si02 or silicon dioxide. It is found in nature and commonly called quartz. Hence the "leapfrog" to ceramic in naming. As an example the TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wax is: "Super-hydrophobic, SIO2 formula" per their advertising.
You are correct. The only spray form we use is modesta and it is just to bring out black before we ceramic coat a vehicle. We just did a GT3 RS and a 41 Buick with the spray and then Cquartz pro. So not to confuse people it is sprayed through a paint gun. You have to work quick or it will clog the tip.

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
TIRE DETAILING. I couldn’t find a suitable thread for this but thought I’d give an endorsement for Meguiar’s Endurance tire gel. First application lasted almost a month. Kinda messy so use a curved sponge applicator and rubber glove. First product I’ve found that makes my Firestones look good for a long time.3F872536-0C78-41F7-BE6F-874CF7AA04EE.jpeg1EA07CC3-1974-483C-B687-7452ACA8097A.jpeg

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Meguiar’s 40 also does a good job on the tires. Not sure it lasts for "months" though.
Jay
I tow a 5W a lot and really like the Firestone Transforce tires for that but the spray foam and other dressings wouldn’t do squat for them. Really like this stuff

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've used the 40 for years and it does the job for my circumstances. As usual though, always looking for something "better". LOL
Jay