Change 5th gen tiow mirrors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Wish my Rebel had all those features :) Couldn't get 360, or blind side. Tow mirrors aren't power folding.
Power 'manual' (that is just hard to say)

OP
OP
G

GChandler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Perfect! That’s exactly what I was hoping to hear! I negotiated with the dealer to have the option to buy the mirrors at their cost but if I can make the swap with my friend it’ll save us both some money! I hadn’t thought about the need for a program change. Will a dealer do that at reasonable charge? I don’t have the OBD programmer. PS: beautiful truck! I was back n forth btwn black or silver when I got the call his black one came in.

keone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wish my Rebel had all those features :) Couldn't get 360, or blind side. Tow mirrors aren't power folding.
Power 'manual' (that is just hard to say)
Me too! Mine came with tow mirrors and they absolutely suck! I can't tell where cars are on my passenger side at all.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Me too! Mine came with tow mirrors and they absolutely suck! I can't tell where cars are on my passenger side at all.
Same problem. Only on Passenger side. The Driver side is fine. But no matter where I move it, I can't see cars on passenger side.
I've played with the little mirror as much as I could.

F150 I had before Rebel, didn't have tow mirrors, so I had no issues before. Figured it was just me not use to them

Andersoncma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I bought these convex adhesive mirrors from Amazon. They are nice and large at 3-3/4” dia. They work great for filling in my blind spots and only cost $5

Grote 12014 3 3/4" Round Stick-On Convex Mirror​

Maldiny19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Perfect! That’s exactly what I was hoping to hear! I negotiated with the dealer to have the option to buy the mirrors at their cost but if I can make the swap with my friend it’ll save us both some money! I hadn’t thought about the need for a program change. Will a dealer do that at reasonable charge? I don’t have the OBD programmer. PS: beautiful truck! I was back n forth btwn black or silver when I got the call his black one came in.
Have you completed the swap yet? Run into any issues? any Advice? I am about to attempt the same thing myself on my 21 1500

OP
OP
G

GChandler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The dealer told me it was a one for one direct replacement but my friend hasn’t decided he wants the tow mirrors yet. He doesn’t get his trailer until February. You’re going from tow to regular mirrors?

Jim S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I just got a ‘21 1500 Limited with tow pkg and tow mirrors. My preference would’ve been standard mirrors, but I took was was available. I don’t like the flat mirror on the right side. Is there a convex mirror I can swap or even just double-sided tape on? Also, I have the 360 cameras and there’s a ‘bump’ on the bottom of the housing that I haven’t seen on others. It holds a light? I think I can order OEM expensive replacements but trying to ‘fix’ these and try to get used to the added width. Any suggestions?
I have a '21 Laramie without the 360 camera setup. I cannot deal with the stock mirrors that have the convex mirror in the upper corner. I don't give a damn about the cop chopper chasing me. I need to know where my rear wheels are when backing up. Anybody know where I can get some mirrors like that?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963