Charging System Error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grlekander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Hey guys Joe here, new to this forum but longtime Ram driver. I have a '22 EcoDiesel which recently upgraded the UConnect and I am getting app-based "charging system" errors now. Nothing on the dash so far. Dealer claims there are no technical bulletins on this. Anyone found a solution yet?
Hi
2022 EcoDiesel Laramie, 6700 miles. Got the update on Uconnect now getting the Charging System failure on the phone. Nothing on dashboard though. My Son has same truck as mine who called and has same problem Dealer says nothing wrong.
Great truck but help is thin.!

krimax1976rkd0gg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Exodiesel
Hi, guys. Another 2022 ED getting the charging system failure notifications in app. Noticed that I was getting them whenever I shut off my truck after a drive. Didn’t have any lights on dash or any issues. Well, tonight after work the truck wouldn’t turn over. Couldn’t jump it with 2 booster packs. Hoping I can jump it off another battery tomorrow. I started getting the messages after the most recent update as well. Gonna see what the dealer says tomorrow.

Last edited:

drossday

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Same here...2022 Eco Laramie....app based notifications only, after an OTA around the 8th.
Dealer load tested the battery, tested the alternator and inspected leads/grounds because no codes. Said everything was within spec.
Just got another one at 3am while truck has been parked for hours.
Following....

Last edited:

krimax1976rkd0gg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Exodiesel
Update: Battery was completely dead. Bought a new one at Autozone and put it in the truck. Fired right up. Had some dash lights that cleared after a couple miles except the check engine light. Voltage looked good on my drive home and the alternator appeared to be working, maintaining 14.0v on the battery. Still got the charging system error notification on the app shortly after getting home and shutting off the truck.

Corbin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I figured I would chime in as well to add to the list. 2022 ED with same charging system notifications on app and emails almost daily. We have been getting the notifications since we drove the truck off the lot a little over a month ago. Took it to the dealer and they can't find anything wrong but said it may be some glitch in the system. Battery voltage is always good, have not had an issue starting the truck yet.

Scott Williams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Add another truck to the list.. 2022 ed limited with notification on radio, text, email as well as thru the app. Dealer no help.. dropped off for 22 days for them to diagnose and can't find anything. Replaced battery and checked charging system. Mine is also giving false info to crash avoidance. IE.. sometimes the truck will panic stop and there is noone in front of me... this usually happens right after accelerating from a red light.. light turns green and you pull off.. very briefly it will jam the brakes on, then alert you that it avoided a crash... there is nothing there!!! Damn ghosts!

jmb0173

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I still have not been able to find a pattern of when I get the notices versus don't. I will go a few days with no notices then get two or three back to back. To make it even more fun, sometimes when I get them, an hour later I can refresh the app and it's gone. I have not yet found correlation to weather, runtime, etc.

Anyone else have any theories on a cause or trigger or anything?

mtppilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Today I got an app message and email (with, as before, no MIL or other warning light in the vehicle) telling me about a “Vehicle Electronic Throttle Control Alert.” Hadn’t seen that one before.

When I looked at the app, I noticed that “Electronic Throttle Control” is now the first item on the list (where “Charging System” used to be) and “Charging System” is missing entirely. So my operating hypothesis is that because they didn’t know another way to fix the problem, they removed the Charging System from the App/account system entirely, and so now the new first thing on the list trips instead as a result of whatever bug they have.

The funniest part is that every time I open the app, they tell me “Action Required!” and I should pay to subscribe to their services because of how valuable they are.

I love the truck. I hate the app.

drossday

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Same here...2022 Eco Laramie....app based notifications only, after an OTA around the 8th.
Dealer load tested the battery, tested the alternator and inspected leads/grounds because no codes. Said everything was within spec.
Just got another one at 3am while truck has been parked for hours.
Following....
An update..two trips to the dealer later due to multiple alerts in the Ram App, the dealer charged the battery completely. Viola' problem solved..atleast for me.

jmb0173

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I have not had an error message in a couple weeks now. Drove it last week 2k miles R/T from TX to CO. Maybe the long runtime/charging did something.
(sure as I type this i'll get an error tonight you watch)