Chassis Tech RAM 1500 2/4WD 2" Drop Coils (REAR)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
Didn't see any activity on this brand so I thought I'd jump in and post this. Ordered these last week and got them today. Took about 1 hour to put them in. Installation is just as easy as everyone has said. Ridden about 20 miles around town, usual bumps and dips on city streets. Can't say I feel any difference. The pics are the before and after. Sorry the camera lens was a little dirty but you get the idea. These are made by Chassis Tech US manufacturer. About $102 delivered.

Before2inDrop10-12-18.jpg After2inDrop12-18-18.jpg

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
Im looking at doing this to my truck. Im still undecided on whether to cut my own springs or order dropped ones... For $100 and still be able to return to factory height is looking like the better option.

https://www.suspensionsuperstore.co...2wd-4wd-premium-2-rear-lowering-coils-272920/

Heres what I went with... They are Progressive Rate springs, so the more load you put on them the stiffer they will become. Ended up being $148 shipped to my door. Now, if I ever need to lift the rear back up I still have that option... Rather than cutting my factory springs and have zero options... I like options. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave2018

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
UPDATE: I've put about 1000 miles on these springs with about 150 miles sitting in the back seat and I can say that the ride was not effected. I'ts still a nice smooth ride. I communcated with chassis tech via email, they are a domestic manufacturer of their own springs, and they told me that these springs are rated the same as the factory original springs so I'm not giving up any load carrying capacity. As you can see from the pictures above, the rear is almost level with the front, they also make a 3 inch kit that will drop it a little more.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So were you able to stay with your OEM length shocks with the Chassis Tech rear springs? I contacted them about springs for my standard cab and they suggested that I use their 3" drop springs to get me 2" loner on a my setup.

OP
OP
Dave2018

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
Yes, I've got the standard shocks. No issues. You are correct. the standard cab needs the 3 inch springs to get the same drop as a quad or crew cab.

black bart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just installed the 3" drop rear coils on my standard cab short bed. I got just shy of 1 1/2" drop. Drove it around a bit with no change. They were $113 on Ebay. Nice product with quick delivery. Also nice people to deal with.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
ty black bart, wasn't sure if I should order the 2"or 3" for my short and now I know. How's the ride and were you good to go with the factory shocks?

black bart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The ride is absolutely stock, nice comfortable ride. Stock shocks, took some deep whop-de-do bumps at 70+ and was just like stock. If you're coming from stock springs you'll need to detach the bottom shock bolts and have a jack under the pumpkin to slowly lower the rear end to get those long ass stock springs out. Clock the top spring pads with the new spring(just match the indentation in the pad to the new spring). Remember to detach the rear brake lines and abs sensor xmas tree fastener. These springs are a decent price, made is Arizona, so they're not some cheap Asian crap. When you take delivery of them you'll know what I mean. I used 50 ft/lbs for the lower shock bolts. Good luck, BB.

OP
OP
Dave2018

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
I didn't have to detach anything but the lower shock bolts for install (both rear wheels have to come off of course!) And Jack stands under the rear frame. Otherwise did everything black bart said. I'm happy with mine.

You need: Two jackstands, a hydralic floor jack and Socket set and combo wrenches to undo the lower shock bolts.

jeffawats

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I took my truck out for a very spirited back roads romp and these springs made a huge difference,ride is still nice and comfy,no bottoming out.my ride is also a 4wd

black bart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a quick update, I aired up my 17" tires today and noticed that the truck is level, 36" floor to fender both front and rear. I like the look, thanks Dave2018 for your post, I appreciate the new stance.

Valkyrie0002

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Big Horn CC
Engine
After reading this post I ordered the Pro Suspension 272920 2in Rear Lowering Coils off Amazon last week. Should be here tomorrow and installed later this week. I don't plan on any off-roading with this truck and lowering the rear is a lot easier than lifting the front. Thanks to all for posting.

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
UPDATE: I've put about 1000 miles on these springs with about 150 miles sitting in the back seat and I can say that the ride was not effected. I'ts still a nice smooth ride. I communcated with chassis tech via email, they are a domestic manufacturer of their own springs, and they told me that these springs are rated the same as the factory original springs so I'm not giving up any load carrying capacity. As you can see from the pictures above, the rear is almost level with the front, they also make a 3 inch kit that will drop it a little more.
I bet the 3” drop kit will need new shocks though.

OP
OP
Dave2018

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
3500 Mile Update. I've totally fogotten about these springs! Having zero issues. The ride is factory as far as I can say. Happy with the look too. I'd do it the same way again, If I ever got another RaM 1500. Dosen't seem likely though, I still have my '98 quad cab in the driveway too ;^)

Texjim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Good to see people are happy with these springs, I feel I made the right choice with them.

Hemidog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Also, if you have a rear sway bar, you might want to consider Hellwig adjustable sway bar end links. The 8-11 adjustable ones. This will bring your sway bar back to parallel with no preload...