cheap aluminum camper for the 5 foot beds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nekkidhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
do they make anthing like the old school campers for the super short 5 foot bed trucks. id like to have one for when i travel occasionally. i have a bed cover but sometimes i could use something taller. just something cheap.

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Good luck! Been looking for a while. Might as well buy a used R-Pod or Jayco Satellite. Bed campers went upscale and are just as expensive unless you want some beat down POS.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
They are out there just depends on your definition of low costs.

New they are like $2k. Used obviously less but no one gives them away.

I'm not advertising but I have a bright white ARE model Z that is sitting in my garage on the east coast that was on a 4th gen with a 5 ft 7 in bed.

I don't know if it will fit anything other than a 4th gen but it will get posted for sale soon right around Thanksgiving

OP
OP
N

nekkidhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
They are out there just depends on your definition of low costs.

New they are like $2k. Used obviously less but no one gives them away.

I'm not advertising but I have a bright white ARE model Z that is sitting in my garage on the east coast that was on a 4th gen with a 5 ft 7 in bed.

I don't know if it will fit anything other than a 4th gen but it will get posted for sale soon right around Thanksgiving
where are you located.

OP
OP
N

nekkidhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Good luck! Been looking for a while. Might as well buy a used R-Pod or Jayco Satellite. Bed campers went upscale and are just as expensive unless you want some beat down POS.

i would take an old pos if it fit my bed lol. i wonder how hard one it to cut down. i cant see 1k for a sheet corrugated aluminum and 4 windows.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
do they make anthing like the old school campers for the super short 5 foot bed trucks. id like to have one for when i travel occasionally. i have a bed cover but sometimes i could use something taller. just something cheap.
For plain old TOppers, facebook market place.
Found one for my truck, in my color, new over $3k used under $2K

If actualy slide in the bed camper with bed toilet kitchen, good luckw with that.
Most are more weight than yoru truck is rated to handle and used pull behind would beCheaper, safer and more features.

OP
OP
N

nekkidhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
For plain old TOppers, facebook market place.
Found one for my truck, in my color, new over $3k used under $2K

If actualy slide in the bed camper with bed toilet kitchen, good luckw with that.
Most are more weight than yoru truck is rated to handle and used pull behind would beCheaper, safer and more features.
im wanting a 70s bubble window topper lol. im thinking cutting a short bed one down or building my own i mean its just aluminum screwed together and weather sealed.

billyw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you considered one of the fabric toppers? Fairly cheap, and very light and convenient.