Cheap exterior cleaners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Crew Cab 4x4 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7 V8
Looking for cheap (i.e. in stock at local WalMart and/or AutoZone rural Colorado) car wash stuff.

Need bug & tar remover, decent but cheap car wash, maybe even a wash wand gizmo (water powered). Planning on the two bucket method but like many, old and cheap.

Just washed off 4,000 of bug guts (from Midwest to Pacific NW then home to CO) from front of 2018 RAM, black OEM mirror need the bug remover. Also several years worth of Nebraska bugs from five years commuting - gray 2014.5 Camry Hybrid SE, real road warrior.

More travel for both slated for this summer, want to get basics and avoid drive throughs until pickle juice season this fall.

Thanks in advance,
BGRS

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Turtle Wax makes a decent product for the price. I use their bug and tar along with Mequir's and Chemical Guys brand products.

Downzero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In your case any car wash and big remover from wally word will do. Some old on the front and mirrors will help.

osprey92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get a hose nozzle that has a power jet nozzle, a hose end sprayer, car mop, Turtle Wax products and a bottle of No Rinse. After washing, use the hose end sprayer with the No Rinse. 99% of the water will sheet off your car. Thank me later.Screenshot_20220716-150433-846.png

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For bugs I soak a towell in water and just drape it over the bugs for an hour. Bugs just wipe right off.

As far as soaps I pick up whatever is cheap at Ollie's or Wally world.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'm not sure who posted this trick about using old /used dryer sheets soaked in water to remove bugs,but i tried it out last night,and it actually works better then i thought. I don't know if it'd work on caked on bugs that have been there for awhile,but on fresh bug guts it works .

Fnjoey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Turtle wax bug and tar, and I use all Mcguire products for cleaning etc..

JNelson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Some of the old truck drivers said they would spray pledge on their front grills during love-bug season. Spray it on but don’t wipe it off.

When you get home. Bugs come off with ease.