Cheap nice upgrades under $50

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I am always on a search for low cost items to give my vehicles a upscale look. My 13 Outdoorsman QC has ok interior, but always looking to make it better. Here are a couple things I did lately ordered already. There is not many things for these Rams, carbon fiber I found also, but being the interior is gray, black, chrome, brushed and silver theme, these items seemed to look better than carbon fiber. Knobs cost me $11 shipped, the bezels for doors cost $22 shipped for the set, the seat covers were slightly over the $50 limit I posted (they cost $55 each(set is $110). Center console cover(neoprene) was under $20. Let's see some upgrades that are low cost, but makes a impact. Also, it's not interior but antenna was $12 And I added a fakra universal antenna booster for $9. Made about a 30% difference in radio reception. (My radio is not the 13 one, I have a ra3 stock 8.4 non nav radio, but upgraded to a 15 ra4 nav radio.

IMG_20200827_073740.jpg

Screenshot_2020-09-23-23-28-35-109_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg

IMG_20200826_224109.jpg

IMG_20200914_002416.jpg

IMG_20200826_223843.jpg

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Do you have a link for the radio knobs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look for the Dodge Challenger knob covers. If you look for a set that's says it fits Ram, for some reason they charge much more, like $10+ more. The Challenger has same size knobs and if you look using Challenger as car, you get many more options. Can find them on Amazon or eBay. I found depending on temperate the covers fit tight or loose, so I added a small pad on inside of each cover or can do a dab of silicone, then they will stay on.

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine

Jeremy Fry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On Ali Express I seen carbon fiber window switch covers and seat adjuster covers. Says fits 2019 classic, but not sure about earlier years.

Oh those are slick. I've always liked the carbon fiber look.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I am always on a search for low cost items to give my vehicles a upscale look. My 13 Outdoorsman QC has ok interior, but always looking to make it better. Here are a couple things I did lately ordered already. There is not many things for these Rams, carbon fiber I found also, but being the interior is gray, black, chrome, brushed and silver theme, these items seemed to look better than carbon fiber. Knobs cost me $11 shipped, the bezels for doors cost $22 shipped for the set, the seat covers were slightly over the $50 limit I posted (they cost $55 each(set is $110). Center console cover(neoprene) was under $20. Let's see some upgrades that are low cost, but makes a impact. Also, it's not interior but antenna was $12 And I added a fakra universal antenna booster for $9. Made about a 30% difference in radio reception. (My radio is not the 13 one, I have a ra3 stock 8.4 non nav radio, but upgraded to a 15 ra4 nav radio.

View attachment 222462

View attachment 222463

View attachment 222464

View attachment 222465

View attachment 222466

Is that a telescoping antenna ? Tks

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Is that a telescoping antenna ? Tks
No, looks like one, even coworker asked. Was about $11 on amazon. I think it does have better reception, than any shorter antenna I tried, about same as the long oem one. But the Universal fakra antenna booster I installed really made a improvement, I am picking up many more HD stations and noticed it's not cutting out in areas it used to. Was worth the $10 for the Antenna booster, plus was easy, plug into fakra port on back of radio, connect other end to antenna fakra. The run the blue wire to a positive wire. I used my remote turn on wire on the amp pro ch41.

Screenshot_2020-09-26-21-08-11-362_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
There are a lot of low cost things that do make huge difference. On the exterior I added led headlights and fog lights, both made huge difference and I used Oedro LEDs in the oem fog light housing, output is much better and excellent light pattern. I paid $29, been in truck about a year now, daily driven with zero issues. I used katana brand for the headlights, under $50 and they are great. I have found the katana ones in a generic brand before for around $30, same led. There are led license plate replacement housing in smoked and clear for around $12, replaces entire license plate light assembly. Been seeing led projector fogs that look cool, but I am happy with the oem housing now since installing the Oedro LEDs. Also one of best cheap upgrades for inside is anyone with the Alpine system should install jbl gx302 3.5 inch speakers in each corner of dash. You can find them for under $50 and makes system sound so much crisper and not muffled(oem is 2.4 ohm, I tested the door and dash oem speakers, so the jbl are perfect replacement/upgrade and pretty easy install. I did all 3 up front and found open box JBL power series 2.4 ohm 6x9 for rear and paid like $15. Also a cheap box of sound deadening(butyl) I paid less than $30 and made the sound better, cab is quiet and better midbass. Any rattles can be cured by getting some self stick open cell foam sheets and cut pieces for area behind door that rattles.

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel

View attachment 222462

View attachment 222463

View attachment 222464

View attachment 222465

View attachment 222466

I’d like to find the door bezels. Anyway you could share a link?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
No, looks like one, even coworker asked. Was about $11 on amazon. I think it does have better reception, than any shorter antenna I tried, about same as the long oem one. But the Universal fakra antenna booster I installed really made a improvement, I am picking up many more HD stations and noticed it's not cutting out in areas it used to. Was worth the $10 for the Antenna booster, plus was easy, plug into fakra port on back of radio, connect other end to antenna fakra. The run the blue wire to a positive wire. I used my remote turn on wire on the amp pro ch41.

View attachment 222858

Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I’d like to find the door bezels. Anyway you could share a link?
If you are talking about the silver ones for the door switches I found it on aliexpress, still waiting on it, will update this post when it arrives. It already went through customs, so should have in few days. Another good safety upgrade is a dash cam. I installed a $40 Yi dash cam a few years ago, bought a wiring kit for under $10 and tapped into the rear slider power switch on overhead console, so records anytime I start the truck and no wires running down. Looks better and hardwire kit is cheap.

Last edited:

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How bout a link for the seat covers those look pretty decent

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Seat covers are Rough Country neoprene. They make a set for the Rams with bucket seats and rear split seat with fold down armrest. They don't make the rear for the 60/40 bench seat with no fold down armrest. So I bought the front fitted covers(around $110 shipped) rear is $80 but, I have the standard 60/40 seat, was going to get the one with fold down armrest and sew armrest area up with left over neoprene, but not sure if both seats are identical except armrest area, so using a universal neoprene cover in rear. Front RC covers are excellent, nice material, thick padding, love them, and they look oem. Plus, best price you can get on a good quality fitted seat cover.

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
When on amazon, don't just look at one seller, there are about 15 sellers selling knob covers etc, one might be $30 another 10.00. look for 2015- Challenger knob covers, here is one I found just looking for a second.

Screenshot_2020-10-01-03-46-03-473_com.android.chrome.jpg

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
On Ali Express I found the window switch cover I posted, but I also found for $28 instead of a cover, they sell just the switches in a brushed looking silver with the etched writing like oem. Also found for around $15 a chrome piece that attaches to each switch in door to give it a chrome line on each. Here are pictures of some things interesting I found.

Screenshot_2020-10-01-03-52-57-942_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-01-03-54-15-840_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-01-03-55-12-702_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-01-04-06-00-954_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg

Last edited: