Check engine light on after changing spark plugs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MontanaHandyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
run the codes, it might isolate the cylinder. p0301 would be 1, p0302 would be 2, etc. To properly run iridium you need to swap coil packs. Either upgrade coil packs or go back to nickle.
Burla, would swapping the coil packs be necessary on a 2014 5.7? I'm not sure if mine came oem with iridiums...

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Iridium plugs, started mid 13, mostly when the 8 speed got introduced, it is hit or miss, but 14 up should be Iridium.

Definitely replace coils if 9, 10, 11 or 12. I replaced mine on my 11 hemi with 15 hemi coils, from rockauto, for around $200.

Don't be fooled by the part number, it didn't change but the construction of the coil and its output did.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Don't be fooled by the part number, it didn't change but the construction of the coil and its output did.
Was wondering about that.

Doesn't surprise me, but one would think that a design change like that to a coil would result in a different part number being issued, especially since the specs would have changed to accomodate the iridium plugs.

Is the suffix different on the mopar part numbers for the 2 different years?

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Was wondering about that.

Doesn't surprise me, but one would think that a design change like that to a coil would result in a different part number being issued, especially since the specs would have changed to accomodate the iridium plugs.

Is the suffix different on the mopar part numbers for the 2 different years?

I was not able to determine a different number, all I know is iridium and 11 coils was 15 mpg. Iridium and 15 coils was 18 mpg, same driver same road, same gas from same station.

I'm tuned so I didn't research further. These are mopar coils and I swapped them at 110k, so figured I was due anyway.

68238603aa

Last edited:

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I was not able to determine a different number, all I know is iridium and 11 coils was 15 mpg. Iridium and 15 coils was 18 mpg, same driver same road, same gas from same station.

I'm tuned so I didn't research further. These are mopar coils and I swapped them at 110k, so figured I was due anyway.

68238603aa

Interesting, indeed.

dadbern

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L hemi
curious to see the answer to the last question, has anyone used the TRQ? O6caurru, what did you end up using?

The best thing I ever bought was my diablo sport tuner, since it is also a code scanner I can read the codes and clear them

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
run the codes, it might isolate the cylinder. p0301 would be 1, p0302 would be 2, etc. To properly run iridium you need to swap coil packs. Either upgrade coil packs or go back to nickle.
delete

dadbern

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L hemi
The more expensive set of the TRQ's is the premium performance red set and claims 15% More energy

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently purchased the regular TRQ packs and they're fine. I actually bent the connection point when I was leaning on one replacing my intake manifold with the 6.4. I ran out to autozone and picked one up. I was a bit horrified at the one from autozone, the top of the coil pack was a yellowish white semi transparent material. I used that for a few days until another TRQ arrived.

I didn't see the red performance TRQ packs until later, unfortunately. Not sure they're really worth it, but red is my favorite color lol.

dadbern

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L hemi
So i have installed the TRQ premium coils and I really like them. Much better throttle response throughout the rpm range, smoothed out the idle and so far a modest increase in MPG. I will update on the MPG after I have more time to evaluate. For the price and the results I am very pleased with them.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So i have installed the TRQ premium coils and I really like them. Much better throttle response throughout the rpm range, smoothed out the idle and so far a modest increase in MPG. I will update on the MPG after I have more time to evaluate. For the price and the results I am very pleased with them.
Interesting, indeed. Very curious about this.