Check engine light, ugh……

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michianaguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So…..2013 Ram 1500 Laramie. I was driving down the road this morning and the dreaded check engine light comes on. I took it to Auto Zone and had it scanned which came up with a code of C212A-16 which, they said, is a bad, faulty or disconnect Anti lock brake sensor. Anyone ever dealt with this before? I’m guessing that I’ll need to take it to a dealer to determine exactly which one is faulty but I wanted some of your expert opinions before giving the dealership my first born child just to look at my vehicle. Is there things I can check myself?

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Any reputable shop will have a scanner that will tell them exactly which sensor it is. If you going to fix it yourself, they will probably tell you for a small fee.

yakalong

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I agree with SniperDroid, any good mechanic shop should be able to help you.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Googling it resulted in the code meaning:

"The Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) Module has detected a low voltage system error and the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) battery voltage CAN message also indicates a low voltage condition."

So it's not your typical wheel speed sensor induced ABS concern.

Any other issues/concerns with the truck? Any aftermarket electronics added recently?

Could be a weak/failing battery or alternator as well. I'd first verify you see ~14VDC across the battery with a voltmeter and engine idling just to rule that out.