Check engine & traction control light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peter56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi everyone,
My check engine and traction control lights came on after after a rumbling noise came out from under the hood. After driving it for a few days, the warning lights would go away and everything would be normal. This behavior kept happening on and off. When the lights came on after the rumbling noise which I can't figure out what the noise is, because it happens only when I'm driving. I went to O'Reilly auto parts and had them diagnose the problem, the said it reads, cam shaft and crank shaft position sensors. So I replaced both sensors. A few days later, the rumbling noise came on and both check engine and traction control lights came on again. I am perplexed. Can you offer any help?

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The cam and crank sensors won't have anything to do with the traction control light. What exactly were the codes that the kid at oreillys said the truck had? What year is the truck?

OP
OP
P

peter56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He snapped some photos of the codes, then he went inside and checked the computer to see what the codes were. It's a 2012 Ram 1500. Hemi 5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine did this today! 2016 Ram 1500, 5.7, 2wd, 8-speed. Stopped at a red light and the truck tried to lurch forward a little. Then check eng and traction control lights come on. Truck wouldn't up-shift past a certain point getting on the highway (idk what gear it stopped at, but it was high revs to keep it at 45 mph)
after I parked it and shut it off, the next drive an hour later the eng light was still on but traction control light went out and it was shifting normally again.... ‍♂️♂️

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine did this today! 2016 Ram 1500, 5.7, 2wd, 8-speed. Stopped at a red light and the truck tried to lurch forward a little. Then check eng and traction control lights come on. Truck wouldn't up-shift past a certain point getting on the highway (idk what gear it stopped at, but it was high revs to keep it at 45 mph)
after I parked it and shut it off, the next drive an hour later the eng light was still on but traction control light went out and it was shifting normally again.... ‍♂️♂️
I have no idea why my phone added a dot dot dot with two male symbols at the end of my post