Check your jack if you will ever use it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I got the same thing in 3 ton version. I always put in truck when I am traveling ne big distance. I always also carry a Breaker Bar with 22 MM socket (for lug nuts), stays in truck all the time and put my Ft Lb Torque wrench in truck when I travel also along with small tool box with choice items, and a shovel when I travel. Old force of Habit.

View attachment 227983

Is this what we call gunning up these days :)

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Now that is baller! I'm Going to have to get that. I like how the base is big too!

There is a chance of malfunction, I haven't had it happen but I see the experiences on the net, so I do have a backup in case you have to get the stand porting off if it is stuck. Likely the factory jack could be used for that just in case.

Flame Red Rebel

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
Hemi Hybrid
I pull the spare tire out in the winter months and strap it to the bed.

Carry 1/2 drive cordless gun and torque wrench.

Seven years on the 2013 ram and NEVER a flat. Knock's on wood....

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I tried to pull my chit out this weekend and sure enough - that sumbich was so damn tight I had to get my channel locks on it. I thought it might be tough after reading the previous posts but didn't think it was going ot be that bad. So, gonna have to get the adapters but do like the all-in-one bottle jacks too.

OP
OP
jlongjohn

jlongjohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
We need a stainless rim option for the spare!

2014 Ram 1500 5.7l CrewCab
Sent via Tapatalk

Flame Red Rebel

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
Hemi Hybrid
I just drop my spare down, SURE is the MOST purdy spare i have ever seen !!!

Where can I get 4 more ?????

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Weird! Mine is a 2017 in salty snowy area and it came out just fine when I was installing body lift. Good to know! I’ll have to spray some stuff in there !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Wooten

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have seen this before, as soon as I buy a new vehicle I coat that bolt with Anti-Seize, it generally prevents this problem. That said I also carry a battle jack and a 4-Star in my truck with the rest of my recovery stuff.

NWhunt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I found out AFTER returning home from a vacation towing our TT probably 900 miles round trip that the new looking jack in the truck did not work at all. :mad: Never even thought to check it since it looked like it had never been used.
We would have been SOL if we had gotten a flat on the desolate stretches of NV highways.

Last edited:

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Good thread. I'd never even looked at my jack since I bought the truck in March 2018. Just took it out and figured out how everything went together, lowered the spare down, it worked fine, sprayed some silicone on the cable cranked it back up. Looks clean as a whistle, and I live near the beach . Also aired up the spare, it was about 15 PSI low. Put anti seize on the hold down screw as well.

Looking at the jacking points, they really did a ****-poor job. On the rear you have to have the jack so close to the tire it's ridiculous. I have an 8 ton bottle jack, I think I'm going to throw that behind the seat, with a couple squares of thick plywood. To be honest if I get a flat around town, I'll probably call AAA. But if I'm out in the middle of nowhere, I'd like to be able to be prepared to do it myself. That lame scissor jack would be a last-ditch for me.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
My jack was destroyed a while ago, lol.

Dad needed it for his van when it got a flat tire, only difference is that his van was loaded with very heavy equipment and was probably double the weight of my truck.

Broke that thing quicker than Amy Schumer lost her comedy career. [emoji23]