CheechDogg's 2018 Ram 1500 Big Horn 2wd Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Duke178

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Truck looks awesome. Curious question for ya. What made you decide to lift it vs say lower it and go more of a street performance truck being a 2wd ? Just curious is all because your truck looks like a monster. Lol. Nice work on it for sure.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Truck looks awesome. Curious question for ya. What made you decide to lift it vs say lower it and go more of a street performance truck being a 2wd ? Just curious is all because your truck looks like a monster. Lol. Nice work on it for sure.
First of all thank you for the compliment!

Honestly, price difference.... and I wasn't planning on off roading at all with this truck and I like the look of lifted trucks ...

Nevertheless I see that a 4x4 has more options when it comes to lifting them like coilovers, crossmembers and other suspension parts that when you powder coat them makes everything stand out more as well as off road capabilities are improved ...

I probably should of just gotten a 4x4 but where I live and my lifestyle it really didn't justify the price difference

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Duke178

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is my 2018 1500.
So far I’ve done the front level. Blacked out badges , sidesteps and wheels and rims. Just recently got the mudflaps installed. Debating on the morimoto xb headlights in the near future I’m hoping then start working on performance items I think. Absolutely love it so far !

7B5DD9EB-13DC-4182-AB10-ACED0087D6D1.jpeg

70F9FFE0-6167-4D87-9548-2FB355960114.jpeg

2AD3E7F1-48D1-49DB-8F3D-EEE51B99779D.jpeg

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
This is my 2018 1500.
So far I’ve done the front level. Blacked out badges , sidesteps and wheels and rims. Just recently got the mudflaps installed. Debating on the morimoto xb headlights in the near future I’m hoping then start working on performance items I think. Absolutely love it so far !

Looks good my friend ....

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
This is my 2018 1500.

You don't like your projector headlights now ?

Duke178

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don’t mind the projectors. They are fairly decent lighting at night but those morimoto xb just look awesome. Lol.
Other option I suppose would be to just upgrade my projectors to hid I believe.

Duke178

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey how bad was it to do that raptor liner in the box of your truck. I was looking at that stuff but was unsure if it’s decent enough stuff or if it’s just better to go and get a linex liner or rhino liner sprayed on professionally.

Dakota2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well finally got the Bushwacker Fender Flares and the honeycomb grille inserts on my truck...

The fender flares are granite crystal metallic but for $300 it was a deal I couldn't pass up

I am either going to plastidip them black... color match or spray them with bedliner... what do you guys think?

View attachment 202081View attachment 202082View attachment 202083View attachment 202086

WOW!!
Just getting through your build and everything, all the details are tastefully done and with purpose! Must’ve been real hard to figure out what you wanted to accomplish but everything came together beautifully! Thanks for sharing. Giving me a few ideas

I know I’m in the minority here but I love the granite crystal flares on your truck. Really pops with the chrome and red

Dakota2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First of all thank you for the compliment!

Honestly, price difference.... and I wasn't planning on off roading at all with this truck and I like the look of lifted trucks ...

Nevertheless I see that a 4x4 has more options when it comes to lifting them like coilovers, crossmembers and other suspension parts that when you powder coat them makes everything stand out more as well as off road capabilities are improved ...

I probably should of just gotten a 4x4 but where I live and my lifestyle it really didn't justify the price difference

Do what suits you. 99.9 % of the time I’m in 2wd even though I have a 4wd. Looking at your truck, no one would care if it’s either way.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
WOW!!
Just getting through your build and everything, all the details are tastefully done and with purpose! Must’ve been real hard to figure out what you wanted to accomplish but everything came together beautifully! Thanks for sharing. Giving me a few ideas

I know I’m in the minority here but I love the granite crystal flares on your truck. Really pops with the chrome and red
I actually sprayed them with raptor Bedliner lol ..

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Hey how bad was it to do that raptor liner in the box of your truck. I was looking at that stuff but was unsure if it’s decent enough stuff or if it’s just better to go and get a linex liner or rhino liner sprayed on professionally.
Not hard at all ... I love it ... the kit is only $130 on Amazon with gun included... i think it's worth it

Duke178

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has it started to fade at all or is it holding up. I do use the box a fair amount to transport tools and whatever else needs to go in there so just trying to decide if it’s durable and keeps its look or if it fades and cracks over time. Thanks for the responses by the way. It’s good chatting with other ram owners to see what’s been done and what works and doesn’t work.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Has it started to fade at all or is it holding up. I do use the box a fair amount to transport tools and whatever else needs to go in there so just trying to decide if it’s durable and keeps its look or if it fades and cracks over time. Thanks for the responses by the way. It’s good chatting with other ram owners to see what’s been done and what works and doesn’t work.
Honestly I don't use the box much .... so far no fading or cracking at all

Duke178

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Awesome. Thanks man. I’m gonna look into it some more here. That might just be my next purchase maybe.