CheechDogg's 2018 Ram 1500 Big Horn 2wd Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Looks good bro ! Very jealous ! Lol now I need to get me something

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thank you lol ... I just called Advance Muffler ... the dude said he has never heard of warped manifolds and broken manifolds because of it on Ram 1500s lol ..WTF !

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you lol ... I just called Advance Muffler ... the dude said he has never heard of warped manifolds and broken manifolds because of it on Ram 1500s lol ..WTF !

LOL that is the main reason for the manifold bolts braking. That is why all the aftermarket header companies use a 3/8" THICK flange to alleviate this issue. RAM use some thin metal that will warp it is just a matter of when

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
LOL that is the main reason for the manifold bolts braking. That is why all the aftermarket header companies use a 3/8" THICK flange to alleviate this issue. RAM use some thin metal that will warp it is just a matter of when
Exactly Nick ! I was LMAO ... I told him we use the shorty headers as a solution not a bandaid for the broken manifold bolts then he started rambling how it's a waste of money and pointless lol ... I guess he doesn't want to make money right?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exactly Nick ! I was LMAO ... I told him we use the shorty headers as a solution not a bandaid for the broken manifold bolts then he started rambling how it's a waste of money and pointless lol ... I guess he doesn't want to make money right?

Yikes and these are the guys informing customers that have no idea and need an educated solution. Shorties are a great solution for you guys in Cali. you cant really touch the y pipe so LTs are out and even a better flowing y pipe usually wont fly there. Even shorties are technically not allowed but wont throw a code.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Yikes and these are the guys informing customers that have no idea and need an educated solution. Shorties are a great solution for you guys in Cali. you cant really touch the y pipe so LTs are out and even a better flowing y pipe usually wont fly there. Even shorties are technically not allowed but wont throw a code.
Exactly! And we just found out AFE is actually based out here in Corona lol ... but we still can't buy them lol..wtf !

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
JBA shorty headers are the only headers i know we can run here in Cali since they have a CARB number, part# 1961S-2 or 1961S-2JS or 1961S-2JT
CARB APPROVED 2009-2017 5.7L = D-57-35, and even though the engine is the same the certification is only avaialble for 09 through 17 models with the 5.7L engine.

Last edited:

the_goodguy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
JBA shorty headers are the only headers i know we can run here in Cali since they have a CARB number, part# 1961S-2 or 1961S-2JS or 1961S-2JT
CARB APPROVED 2009-2017 5.7L = D-57-35, and even though the engine is the same the certification is only avaialble for 09 through 17 models with the 5.7L engine.
Ok cool I have a 2017

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Yeah , I'm just wondering if I'm better off just replacing the manifold studs? What do you think ? All suggestions welcome

Nope ... better to get the shorties one way or another .... just replacing the bolts will more than likely be a bandaid

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk