CheechDogg's 2018 Ram 1500 Big Horn 2wd Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man ... look at it this way ... you only say promise one time and that is at the wedding ... she's going to say "promise" TWO TIMES ! at the wedding and with the promise of the lift KIT !!!!! YOU FAWKEN SCORED !
lol!!!

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
There is really only about 2" of gap but in the pictures it looks like more ... I will take another one tomorrow or this weekend showing how close it really is ....

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Mine barely fits in my garage, I mean less than 1"....no ay a 7" lift and 37's Id fit in my garage.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Well I finally got my RBP Stealth Power Running Boards installed on my truck and here is a little bit of how that went ....

I refused to cut anything, took me about 6 hours of tightening and loosening and bouncing and finally the fell in to place.

I’d be curious to hear from members who installed RBP to see their experience.
Well I finally got mine and installed them myself on Saturday morning....

It was a bit of a struggle getting the bolts in the inside of the front mounting points and that was with the threaded inserts...

The alignment after the two front motors were in place and the back ones were also on everything alignment perfectly...

It could of been easier getting those 2 flange bolts if there was more room to get your hands behind the motors and i have small hands lol...

I ran into a second problem when testing if everything was wired correctly and moving like it should... the passenger side worked correctly when opening and closing the doors... but the driver's side didn't....

The steps would not retract after closing any of the driver's side doors... i checked every wire and nothing seemed out of place... crimped or broken....

I then decided to look at the position of the sensors and magnets... compared them to the passenger's side and noticed that the driver's door was not aligned correctly... i took the magnet off and left it over the sensor and the steps retracted...

So the magnet was a bit off which made the system think the door was still open...

I had fun installing the RBP Stealth Power Boards myself... it took me a little over 4 hours because of the door and sensor issues but everything else was easy... very easy..

Here are some pictures of them

steps-clean-sideshot.jpg

steps-day-sideshot.jpg

steps-rear-sideshot.jpg

steps-side-shot.jpg

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
So I finally removed the B pillar vinyl wrap and the ram 1500 badges...

Only one i didn't remove was the HEMI badge... what do you guys think.. remove it or leave it?

20190916_133246.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

tnmotown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man your truck looks awesome! I have the same color and also 2wd. I’m thinking about a 4” lift from RC with 35” tires but you are making me second guess lol. I’ll definitely be following your thread

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Man your truck looks awesome! I have the same color and also 2wd. I’m thinking about a 4” lift from RC with 35” tires but you are making me second guess lol. I’ll definitely be following your thread

Go with the Maxtrac 7" with 37s ... you wont regret it ...yes you have to do some trimming but it is nothing major ...

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
So I am going to be tinting my tail lights and head lights so I figured I would need better lighting ... I didn't want to use any anti flicker modules or expensive overpriced name brand LEDs so I Just ordered my Security Module Bypass and OBDLink MX+ which is getting here tomorrow !

The Security Module Bypass should be here in a few days !

Oh yeah! Now I can really do some fun stuff to mah' truck !!!! thank you @DeereGuy !

I will keep you guys posted and update you guys with the new changes I will be making with these gizmos !

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
He had three levels, I chose the middle, so probably smoked.
$100 for both, OTD

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I'm just waiting for the VVIVID tint from amazon to get here and I will get it done ...I am going with the dark black on the back then once I get my led low, high and fogs I will decide of what to go with for the head lights ... Also waiting on my security harness, I already go my OBD link ... ooooh yeah !

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I used the Heise LED, fogs and lows...with the decoder, plug and play.

20190502_210246.jpg

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I had a local dealer, maybe go see Pacific Stereo in Riverside, or find an Advanced car Stereo, ask for Heise.