Chemical Guys, Adams, or Meguiars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yakalong

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've used meguiars and have never had issues. It works for me so I see no reason to switch.

Pana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I truly believe in AMMO NYC products (and no I'm not from there lol). Pricey but really good and his products are based on the concept of "building layers" which I believe in when it comes to caring for your vehicle. You don't want to be using aggressive soaps and chemicals that can destroy interiors/exteriors. Also, Larry puts out amazing content and Academy training that I'd highly recommend watching, he is very thorough and videos are long but the information he gives is priceless.

That_CAT_Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use Chemical Guys, mostly the Extreme Body Wash and Wax, the V07 Detailer and the Blitz Acrylic.

Wheels I use the Diablo Wheel Cleaner.

Interior I use the Innerclean and a touch of Silk Shine.

Trim I use the Trim Restore chemical guys sells in the spray can, though I usually do this before using the V07, gets up all the overspray

Burstingbb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never limit yourself to one brand, as one brand may have products that work better then the other. For the moment I use a mix of Adams and Chemical guys

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just spent about 2hrs with the porter cable 7424xp and did the McGuire’s trio:

Ultimate compound- yellow lake country pad

Ultimate polish - green pad

Tech was 2.0 - black pad

The results speak for themselves... no my truck is not made of mirrors :D
C29118FE-53B5-4514-B7C3-BCBA6C87AD79.jpeg

Gotta love the gardens in Victoria BC
DEA5DC22-DB39-4F3B-B018-089CF4F5D13C.jpeg

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any of the brands mentioned will get the job done. I use those brands plus many more like 3D, collinite, Griots, Mckees 37, etc...I dont think any one line has the best of every type of product. When I wash my vehicle I use multiple brands to get the job done. This is due to the research I have done online and my own experimenting. One brand may have the best sealer but another brand has the best wheel cleaner and so on. This weekend I did a "basic" wash and I used about 6 different BRANDS. I didnt even do any paint correction, sealing, or waxing either. That would of been at least another 3 or more brands.

Reactions: JB1

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I use a lot of @AdamsPolishes because they freakin smell delicious, Seriously its ridiculous how good the stuff smells

I agree with the general consensus though, there is no one brand that decimates all. If you're a normal weekend warrior doing maintenance washes on your truck buy what's on sale that week. Most of the bigger names have safety chemicals in them so they wont stain or etch your paint in direct sun (User Friendly) If you are slightly more advanced and have the abilities to get results with a "Pro" product or you like researching and reading what products can do then experiment with some of them. If you don't follow and listen to advertisements and youtube detailers they will have you buying soap for your soap and then more soap. The end goal is buy more and have a different product for every different surface / texture of your vehicle.

BobbyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Trooper Lewis.....I knew of him. You could cut your finger on the creases in his trousers and shave by looking at your reflection in his shoes.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I use a lot of @AdamsPolishes because they freakin smell delicious, Seriously its ridiculous how good the stuff smells

I agree with the general consensus though, there is no one brand that decimates all. If you're a normal weekend warrior doing maintenance washes on your truck buy what's on sale that week. Most of the bigger names have safety chemicals in them so they wont stain or etch your paint in direct sun (User Friendly) If you are slightly more advanced and have the abilities to get results with a "Pro" product or you like researching and reading what products can do then experiment with some of them. If you don't follow and listen to advertisements and youtube detailers they will have you buying soap for your soap and then more soap. The end goal is buy more and have a different product for every different surface / texture of your vehicle.
This times 1000. I am also a fan of Adams but I don’t use their products for everything. They are great yes but great also depends on personal preference. What do you feel is good. Are There are better products?.....absolutely but is cost vs quality worth it. I say that not with just Adams. I am also a fan of chemical guys and many other members on here will list other brands. It all comes down to personal preference and what you are willing to spend.