Chemical Guys thoughts and observations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wornslick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
While everyone has their favorite car care products I am a regular user of McKees 37.

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use the butter wet wax and there microfiber rags are very good

sirguynate503

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I bought my truck I promised myself I was going to baby her. I don't know a lot about detailing but I figured the Chemical Guys stuff would be worth a shot. It was a brand new truck when I bought her, I still clay bard the truck and applied Jet Seal, then put Aquapel on the windshield. I would say the hydrophobic properties of Jet Seal were gone at about two months, Aquapel lasted nearly 5 months! I get the truck washed every other week in the winter, I have not been maintaining the protectant with additional applications.

Here is the thing, I don't know what a good sealant should be like, I only used to run my other vehicles through the auto wash. I washed the truck before it started dipping to freezing, ill start washing myself again when its not winter out. I have this little electric pressure washer you find at harbor freight. I think its perfect for washing a car, it comes with a detergent canister, put a mix of your favorite soap and a bit of water and you got a great foamer as well.

After reading this thread it sounds like I should be doing a lot more than just a simple coat of Jet Seal t, I mean its better than nothing but my truck is Black, I think I need to start browsing these forums for advice.

(Looking at detailing from an outside perspective. Maybe CG is simply a consumer grade product with brand appeal. It would be sought out by general consumers. While detailer's would be looking for a specialized and/or professional grade product. Whether that exists in this industry I do not know.)

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
No, I didn’t. I wasn’t doing a full detail but just a quick wash to between. And this issue wasn’t limited to just my truck it was also on our charger as well. I only do what I’d call a full detail about twice a year and then just general hand washes between. I have well water that is really hard and will leave water spots and that’s why I was using the drying aid and detail sprays as they seem to help me not have water spots. The last full detail I did I used a strip wash on them and then clay bar, paint sealant, and waxed. I have been looking at polishers just haven’t fell down that rabbit hole yet. Really am
Just scared that I’ll go too far and then have to repaint some. Lord knows these factory paint jobs are so thin you can damn near see through them sometimes...lol.

I have extremely hard water at home too. Best thing I’ve spent money on for cleaning is a deionizer water filter. These things work as advertised, I just use it for rinse water and it lasts a long time. No wiping or towels, and no water spots.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00COB90CC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I bought my truck I promised myself I was going to baby her. I don't know a lot about detailing but I figured the Chemical Guys stuff would be worth a shot. It was a brand new truck when I bought her, I still clay bard the truck and applied Jet Seal, then put Aquapel on the windshield. I would say the hydrophobic properties of Jet Seal were gone at about two months, Aquapel lasted nearly 5 months! I get the truck washed every other week in the winter, I have not been maintaining the protectant with additional applications.

Here is the thing, I don't know what a good sealant should be like, I only used to run my other vehicles through the auto wash. I washed the truck before it started dipping to freezing, ill start washing myself again when its not winter out. I have this little electric pressure washer you find at harbor freight. I think its perfect for washing a car, it comes with a detergent canister, put a mix of your favorite soap and a bit of water and you got a great foamer as well.

After reading this thread it sounds like I should be doing a lot more than just a simple coat of Jet Seal t, I mean its better than nothing but my truck is Black, I think I need to start browsing these forums for advice.

(Looking at detailing from an outside perspective. Maybe CG is simply a consumer grade product with brand appeal. It would be sought out by general consumers. While detailer's would be looking for a specialized and/or professional grade product. Whether that exists in this industry I do not know.)

This is a Chemical Guys "thread" so I am not going to talk about other products on this thread, however, if you have questions about other products that may serve you better in your particular situation you might start another thread and ask away---
Jay

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like their Foam cannon ( the one you connect to a garden hose). I tried the whole power washer thing its just to much work. But the Foam cannon is nice.

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like their Foam cannon ( the one you connect to a garden hose). I tried the whole power washer thing its just to much work. But the Foam cannon is nice.
I got one for Christmas, and I find it only shoots out about a foot or so from the end of the cannon, how's yours working?

gablett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What’s the scoop on these foam canons? Do you just spray and rinse and it cleans or what’s the deal with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got one for Christmas, and I find it only shoots out about a foot or so from the end of the cannon, how's yours working?

about the same but when I wash I try to get nice and close. I tried the powerwasher method... just to much hassle.

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ahh at least im not crazy, I find it odd how some of the videos online have it shooting half way across the vehicle, I have a hard job getting my hood covered walking around the front of my truck.

I do have a foam cannon for my pressure washer, yea its a bit more involved for set up but it does work way better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956