Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

Chemical Guys thoughts and observations

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Srt-cummins, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Wornslick

Wornslick Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    While everyone has their favorite car care products I am a regular user of McKees 37.

2. Simpleman

Simpleman Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I use the butter wet wax and there microfiber rags are very good

3. sirguynate503

sirguynate503 Member

Ram Year:
    2019 Classic
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    When I bought my truck I promised myself I was going to baby her. I don't know a lot about detailing but I figured the Chemical Guys stuff would be worth a shot. It was a brand new truck when I bought her, I still clay bard the truck and applied Jet Seal, then put Aquapel on the windshield. I would say the hydrophobic properties of Jet Seal were gone at about two months, Aquapel lasted nearly 5 months! I get the truck washed every other week in the winter, I have not been maintaining the protectant with additional applications.

Here is the thing, I don't know what a good sealant should be like, I only used to run my other vehicles through the auto wash. I washed the truck before it started dipping to freezing, ill start washing myself again when its not winter out. I have this little electric pressure washer you find at harbor freight. I think its perfect for washing a car, it comes with a detergent canister, put a mix of your favorite soap and a bit of water and you got a great foamer as well.

After reading this thread it sounds like I should be doing a lot more than just a simple coat of Jet Seal t, I mean its better than nothing but my truck is Black, I think I need to start browsing these forums for advice.

(Looking at detailing from an outside perspective. Maybe CG is simply a consumer grade product with brand appeal. It would be sought out by general consumers. While detailer's would be looking for a specialized and/or professional grade product. Whether that exists in this industry I do not know.)

4. Travelin Ram

Travelin Ram Senior Member

Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
    Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I have extremely hard water at home too. Best thing I’ve spent money on for cleaning is a deionizer water filter. These things work as advertised, I just use it for rinse water and it lasts a long time. No wiping or towels, and no water spots.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00COB90CC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5. Pull Ya

Pull Ya U.S. MARINE VETERAN Supporting Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    This is a Chemical Guys "thread" so I am not going to talk about other products on this thread, however, if you have questions about other products that may serve you better in your particular situation you might start another thread and ask away---
    Jay

6. Mbrigh3

Mbrigh3 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I like their Foam cannon ( the one you connect to a garden hose). I tried the whole power washer thing its just to much work. But the Foam cannon is nice.

7. Damion

Damion Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2019 Sport
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    I got one for Christmas, and I find it only shoots out about a foot or so from the end of the cannon, how's yours working?

8. gablett

gablett Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    What’s the scoop on these foam canons? Do you just spray and rinse and it cleans or what’s the deal with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9. Mbrigh3

Mbrigh3 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    about the same but when I wash I try to get nice and close. I tried the powerwasher method... just to much hassle.

10. Damion

Damion Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2019 Sport
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Ahh at least im not crazy, I find it odd how some of the videos online have it shooting half way across the vehicle, I have a hard job getting my hood covered walking around the front of my truck.

I do have a foam cannon for my pressure washer, yea its a bit more involved for set up but it does work way better.