Chirping Spring-Like Noise from Front Brakes When Stopping from Slow Speeds - 2020 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks! I have a couple of questions. Have you ever tried replacing any parts? Have you noticed the noise from the rear brakes as well as the front brakes?

I had my front brake pads replaced (with I'm assuming OEM pads), came back again in about a month and now I just use wd40.

My truck also had the back brake issue, where backing out of the driveway first thing in the morning I would hear a moan/howling (only in reverse believe it or not). This was fixed under warranty, they applied some kit of some sort, though I still hear it faintly every once in a while and worse when its wet.

The back brake issue is not the same as the squeaking front brakes, those are 2 different problems.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
There is a 9 page thread on this exact issue over on the 5th gen ram forum. One guy said he tightened the shocks, control arms, and sway bars and that fixed it for him??

https://5thgenrams .com/community/threads/squeak-chirp-going-over-bumps.20584/post-436870

RamMan2023

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Update, as they were pulling up my truck it made the noise after multiple times of explaining. I said f it give me my truck back and i went and bought some Duralast Gold ceramic brakes would have went higher grade and higher end but leaving out of state soon and thats all they had, greased and replaced and quiet as a can be. See how long it last for but dealerships are zero help sometimes.

RamMan2023

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Decided not to go with OEM brake pads from the dealership. So see how long it last. As of now its silent and I’m happy.

RamMan2023

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
No never from the rear, only the front. And I figured it was brake related because it was only when the brakes were applied.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963