Chmsl digital rearview and cargo view

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usmc1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all

Recently sold my 2012 express and got the 21 limited 1500

The truck came with the surround view camera and the digital rear view. I love both features but I would like to swap the chmsl with digital rearview for a new chmsl that has both digital rearview and cargo view. Has this been done by anyone? I know the part exists but don’t know the part number.

If it’s an easy swap and involves reprogramming I’m willing to do it but I’m stuck when it comes to part numbers.

Any help would be much appreciated

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ask @AllMoparParts.com

He's been helping me source parts for my Rebel. I only have backup camera and I want to add surround.
Been great help finding parts for me.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hi all

Recently sold my 2012 express and got the 21 limited 1500

The truck came with the surround view camera and the digital rear view. I love both features but I would like to swap the chmsl with digital rearview for a new chmsl that has both digital rearview and cargo view. Has this been done by anyone? I know the part exists but don’t know the part number.

If it’s an easy swap and involves reprogramming I’m willing to do it but I’m stuck when it comes to part numbers.

Any help would be much appreciated
There’s actually no such feature, or part, for a 5th gen 1500. The cargo view camera has always only been available on the HDs. The reason it could be installed on a 4th gen 1500 is because it used the same CHMSL as the HDs. The new 5th gen 1500’s have a different shape CHMSL, and an HD CHMSL won’t mount up to it.