Chrome Door Handle Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Summit1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
On my 2017 Laramie 2500, the chrome door handle cover (for lack of a better term) on the right rear door has become loose. It will not "snap" into the two rear facing slots, and may just need replacement. Granted whatever is retaining it at the front (?) seems to be holding, and I doubt it will just fall off. While not greatly noticeable, it has started to annoy me. Has anybody else had this problem?

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Try a small dab of Gorilla glue. Tape it down until it sets.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
On my 2017 Laramie 2500, the chrome door handle cover (for lack of a better term) on the right rear door has become loose. It will not "snap" into the two rear facing slots, and may just need replacement. Granted whatever is retaining it at the front (?) seems to be holding, and I doubt it will just fall off. While not greatly noticeable, it has started to annoy me. Has anybody else had this problem?

I certainly understand why this would be frustrating, @Summit1. If you ever decide to address it with your dealer, we are always a PM away to provide further support.

Mark
RamCares

OP
OP
Summit1

Summit1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I certainly understand why this would be frustrating, @Summit1. If you ever decide to address it with your dealer, we are always a PM away to provide further support.

Mark
RamCares

Thank you for the offer, but I contacted the dealer, who ordered that part (door handle) and another body trim part (right side bed rail) that had warped. Both parts arrived late last week, and I will be setting up an appointment very soon the have the work done. It is also due for annual inspection, so this will be a good time to have that done as well. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Thank you for the offer, but I contacted the dealer, who ordered that part (door handle) and another body trim part (right side bed rail) that had warped. Both parts arrived late last week, and I will be setting up an appointment very soon the have the work done. It is also due for annual inspection, so this will be a good time to have that done as well. :)

Thank you for taking the time to follow up on this, @Summit1. We are always a PM away should you need any assistance down the road.

Mark
RamCares

OP
OP
Summit1

Summit1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thank you for taking the time to follow up on this, @Summit1. We are always a PM away should you need any assistance down the road.

Mark
RamCares

The crew at D'Amico CDJR (Geneva, NY) was excellent as always; they replaced both bed top rails and the door handle, and all is like new again.

Thanks again.
Jerry

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
The crew at D'Amico CDJR (Geneva, NY) was excellent as always; they replaced both bed top rails and the door handle, and all is like new again.

Thanks again.
Jerry

Thank you for the update, Jerry! I am very glad to hear it and it is great to know that you are in good hands with your dealer. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you are ever in need of any additional support!

Mark
RamCares