Classic dodge/plymouths

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought my first Plymouth in around 74-75 I paid $975 for it and it had around 50,000 original miles and interior was about an 8 of 10, no rust or dents just an ugly paint job. speed was not it's forte. A few years later a guy knocked at my door with a fist full of dollars and I stupidly sold it. He restored it back to original color and his kid told me that he was willing to pay a lot more for it as he had been checking it out when I was not at home so knew it really only needed a new paint job and new running board rubber. kind of had an anti theft device by today's standards the starter was on the floor and you needed to double clutch it. It had a hand crank but they guy I bought it from warned me not to try it unless I knew what I was doing or I would break a thumb if you held the crank wrong. Funny or sad story with the guy I bought it from. I bought about 50 miles away from my home. this was back when the only want ads were in newspapers. had a really poor photo so I really did not know what I was getting and I was just 15 or so. anyway my dad drives me there and we pull up and see it and I about peed myself it looked so cool to me.

The guy comes out and his face is all messed up and scabbed over and he ends up telling us he is selling the car to put the money into hang gliding and that is why his face is messed up as he crashed his hang glider and needed to get another one. He actually owned an appliance store in that town and a couple weeks later it was in the paper that he had been killed in a hang gliding accident.
.6622A64E-D695-4D30-B64D-EF781FC0B817.jpeg

Dodge trucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
80 volare blown apart for redo
78 fury 2door hardtop 55k original miles I'm 2nd owner, have had since 2007 when it had 38k on it/ and an 85 D150 long bed with a slant 6 and a "hotter" /6 on the stand next to it ready to drop in if I can ever get my cherry picker back from my son

CamiKenRedRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This pic is from 2008, when my '67 Chrysler 300 was out of a body and paint refurbishment. It became my DD from 2010 to 2014, and then due to the effect of the swill the State of California has mandated for gasoline, the 8 year old fuel pump failed, and it has been sitting next to my house since then. Other things have taken priority, like getting married and the kids FFA projects, but it'll be made road-worthy again.

Factory equipped with the 350hp 440, Torqueflite, power sterring, power drum brake, A/C and Auto-pilot (YEARS before Elon decided to name a feature in Teslas).
Upgraded wheels to the 15" AR Vector IIs, front discs, larger torsion bars and rebuilt and upgraded power steering box to Stage 1 specs from Firm Feel.
Chaz-got-new-shoes_001.jpg

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
This pic is from 2008, when my '67 Chrysler 300 was out of a body and paint refurbishment. It became my DD from 2010 to 2014, and then due to the effect of the swill the State of California has mandated for gasoline, the 8 year old fuel pump failed, and it has been sitting next to my house since then. Other things have taken priority, like getting married and the kids FFA projects, but it'll be made road-worthy again.

Factory equipped with the 350hp 440, Torqueflite, power sterring, power drum brake, A/C and Auto-pilot (YEARS before Elon decided to name a feature in Teslas).
Upgraded wheels to the 15" AR Vector IIs, front discs, larger torsion bars and rebuilt and upgraded power steering box to Stage 1 specs from Firm Feel.
View attachment 495408

There's no replacement for displacement!

CamiKenRedRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There's no replacement for displacement!
Exactly right, that's what attracted me to it when I saw it sitting in front of a house with a for sale sign. Full size cruiser with big engine, 4v carb, first year 440 was standard engine. I'd drive it 150 miles round trip on a Friday evening to lead a Bible study in a prison. It was MADE for doing that kind of trip!

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I put a picture of my 71 Cuda in it's current state, it would just make you and me both cry :(
It hasn't been on the road since 1984-85 or so.
I need to build a garage.