Claybar/polish/wax process

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Not seeing anything above I disagree with, but 2 coats of sealant is recomended to ensure good coverage and if you want to wax if the sealant isn't giving you enough shine then wait at least 24hrs for the sealant to cure before you do. Some products may recommend longer.

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What would a coat of wax over an SIO2 ceramic sealant hurt?? roofs are the first to go... I want my roof protected

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
Unless your paint is perfect you need to do paint correction after you clay the car. Not sure about the whole alcohol thing. If Nexgen is a true ceramic coating product once is all you need. Usually they come in tiny four ounce bottles that can do you truck twice. It does not take much and has to be put in smoothly. If you are just talking about a spray way that is tagged as ceramic than yeah more than one coat might work. I used Opticoat on my '15 SRT Charger but to get the 5 year warranty I had to have a professional do it.[/

nexgen is one of those ceramic sprays like f11 but a higher scio2 level.

Last edited:

Gixxer750

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015_2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Claybar uses the lube spray... some tutorials I saw that stayed filmy after wiping... SO, wash again??? or just go ahead with the GLOSS SIO2 CERAMIC COATING???

I'm thinking I'd need to remove that LUBE residue... What's the best for that???
I just got the mother's synthetic clay bar 2.0 or something to that effect. It recommended just using a fresh bucket of car wash soap and just scrubbing away with the clay bar. It worked very good. However, there were a couple tar spots that the synthetic clay bat Could NOT remove. I thought that was pretty strange.
Over all, this was a more economical way to clay. No quick detailer or multiple bars required. It claims it's good for up to 15 full vehicle uses. I'll vouch for 3 so far.