Cleaning steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
What do you clean your leather wrapped steering wheel with? Do you use the leather cleaning wipes? I had the leather wrapped wheel on my '12 and at 90k miles it seemed to be wearing out on the top where I usually have my hand at. Want to keep it in top condition so don't want to clean it with the wrong thing.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just clean mine with meguires leather cleaner and conditioner, the same thing i use on my leather seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ultima interior shampoo gel, sprayed in a microfiber cloth then spread onto the steering wheel. Let it dwell a bit then wipe off with a dry microfiber.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

JimGregory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My leather wheel has a coating or a skin on it. In some spots the skin has worn off leaving the softer rougher leather underneath showing.
I wonder how best to reapply that skin to damaged areas.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have a small steamer that I use with a microfiber towel. When running my detail shop we learned that the steering wheel contains more germs than any other part of the car. Steamer cleans and kills the germs at the same time.