Clear Bra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justin phipps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone put a clear bra on their trucks yet? Would like to find pre cut pieces at a decent price.

Edward Taylor

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 bighorn quad cab 6.4 bed
Engine
hemi
ClearBra-kits.com
Just order for my 2016 ram 1500 bighorn
speak to mike tell E Taylor sent you good price

spdglez78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, cost me an arm and leg ~600 but sometimes i wish the whole truck had it. Did the Mirrors, fenders, Hood and bumper cover.
You can barely see it when the truck is clean.20180605_103333.jpeg

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have one on my sports and after watching them install it, I was glad I didn't try to do it myself. They ain't cheap, but cheaper than having the front end painted every couple of years.
Jay

Cmsharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought a 12”x36” roll of 3m tape from amazon for about 30 bucks. Took my time and applied it to the front 2 inches of hood, lower rocker panels, etc. Turned out great, just sprayed down the surface with soapy water, apply, then squish out with plastic applicator.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Watching others do it . . . Soapy Water . . .

Will you guys, PLEASE JUST STOP!
For the record, I am a fan of Au Naturale.

But, if one must have a bra, I prefer the clearest, flimsiest bra possible.
Have never liked those huge leather like bra's, of years past. Take it off and you could always clearly see where the bra had been.
Still, would prefer nothing, at all. IF it starts to show its age, over time, then quick trip to the Body Doc will fix it right up, better than new.

17Delmonico

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Watching others do it . . . Soapy Water . . .

Will you guys, PLEASE JUST STOP!
For the record, I am a fan of Au Naturale.

But, if one must have a bra, I prefer the clearest, flimsiest bra possible.
Have never liked those huge leather like bra's, of years past. Take it off and you could always clearly see where the bra had been.
Still, would prefer nothing, at all. IF it starts to show its age, over time, then quick trip to the Body Doc will fix it right up, better than new.
Are we still talking about trucks? ....:naughty::rotflmao:

K-Dawg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Won't that just show the scuffs and get hazy after time? I figgered that the factory paint/clearcoat are enough, and anything that gets through that, is just normal wear. It's a truck, not a show car. It needs some road scars.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Won't that just show the scuffs and get hazy after time? I figgered that the factory paint/clearcoat are enough, and anything that gets through that, is just normal wear. It's a truck, not a show car. It needs some road scars.

DOes not get hazy bu does show nicks, that would probably be paint chips if not in place. problem I have with it is the all the dirt that gets stuck at the edge. even when cleaned.
Tube of touch up paint, applied carefully, looks better, over the long haul. IMO

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Does yellow over time. Barely noticeable on darker colors, but more obvious on white.

K-Dawg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
DOes not get hazy bu does show nicks, that would probably be paint chips if not in place. problem I have with it is the all the dirt that gets stuck at the edge. even when cleaned.
Tube of touch up paint, applied carefully, looks better, over the long haul. IMO
Kinda what I figgered. I figger that the "clearcoat" over the pain is already pretty much a "clear bra". No need to wrap parts of it in clear vinyl. I don't have any chips yet, but when I start to get them, I plan to cover them with those little stick-on bullet hole stickers.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Kinda what I figgered. I figger that the "clearcoat" over the pain is already pretty much a "clear bra". No need to wrap parts of it in clear vinyl. I don't have any chips yet, but when I start to get them, I plan to cover them with those little stick-on bullet hole stickers.

I'm still waiting for all these paint chips I keep hearing about on my painted bumpers...been waiting over 60,000 miles, got some on my hood, never the bumper though.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Talk about a click bait thread title . . . .

was expecting something else, entirely.
Now they just need a clear shirt to go over it and life will be good.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed mine myself. First time I had ever done it, the passenger side came out perfect, but by the time I got to the drivers side I realized the whole bra was "cocked" such that there was 1/4" of overhang material on passenger side, but 3/4" overhanging the drivers side of the hood. Not a huge deal since I could wrap it under the hood, and even if you follow the line left by the edge of the bra (I used a half height hood piece) its almost impossible to see.

But I know its there, so someday Ill pull it off and retry.

As far as NEEDING it....well, Im not so sure. Didnt realize the 4th gens have an aluminum hood....while paint chips suck, paint chips *that rust* really bother me. Since they cant rust it might not be a required thing anymore, especially on a light colored truck (depending on what color the primer is, chips might not be visible anyway)

If I were to pay a pro to do it, Id suck it up and spend extra for the full hood and fender coverage. Can't see the lines, Russ!

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have one on mine but I had a local shop install. You cant even tell it is on there. yet it covers 16" of the front all the way across: IMG_20181102_120802.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf