Clearance on Sport trim level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For further information, here's this link

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Factory part numbers ,find them.Otherwise it's nothing more then a rumour or whatever you think you know.
It's not a rumor. It's fact. You're making it clear you don't know what you're talking about. How can a truck with the small tires have raised ride height as an option then?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
It's not a rumor. It's fact. You're making it clear you don't know what you're talking about. How can a truck with the small tires have raised ride height as an option then?
I'll say it once again,post up the factory part numbers for these so called springs you're talking about.I'm guessing you already looked and couldn't find anything to back you up,so now you're scratching bottom for excuses,lol.Once you find a factory part number showing their's differant springs,i'll believe you till,till then not so much. I already went through this at the dealer several years ago,when i was lowering my raised ride height 4X4,i started out looking for factory springs that were lower or differant at the dealer,and only the R/T has a differant spring

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll say it once again,post up the factory part numbers for these so called springs you're talking about.I'm guessing you already looked and couldn't find anything to back you up,so now you're scratching bottom for excuses,lol.Once you find a factory part number showing their's differant springs,i'll believe you till,till then not so much. I already went through this at the dealer several years ago,when i was lowering my raised ride height 4X4,i started out looking for factory springs that were lower or differant at the dealer,and only the R/T has a differant spring
Coils are the same, struts are different. 2016 outdoorsman (raised ride height) uses

68040882AE for a strut.​

2019 classic similarly optioned, standard ride height, uses 68040880AH, confirmed through a dealer. And yes, it will list various trims for both struts because the raised ride height is available in nearly every trim, not just some. But it is standard on rebels, warlocks and outdoorsman trucks

dtomar

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2016 Sport has the air suspension option which allows you to lower the truck height to get in/out and 2 settings to raise the truck height above the “normal” height. Does this truck you are looking at (very sharp by the way) have the air suspension option?

Light299

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 gas
Yea, it's funny wild one thinks only the spring P/N matters... the spring land on the strut matters just as much...

Grizzly Clay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I have a question about my Wife's 2013 Ram 1500 Sport.The dealer we bought it from last year detailed it and waxed the stripes.There is now a haze that won't come off of the stripes.Any suggestions on how to remove the haze?

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am looking to buy a Ram 1500 around 2015-2018. I am in discussions with a seller. It is the sport trim with the black strips and 20" wheels. The contouring at the bottom looks to be lower than other trim levels - I could be totally wrong. I go offroad and pull trailers a lot so I would prefer a trim level that is not lower. Is this just perception or is there some contouring on this trim that brings it lower to the ground? Thx

View attachment 499404
I don't think they are any lower than any other Ram. Good looking truck, though.

Attachments

• 20210120_112851.jpg
    20210120_112851.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
C

cbird02

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The same springs do not come in to play here. The trucks frame can sit the same, but the body panel/bumper effects that give the sport look can drop lower down than the normal panels/bumper. My concern is f-ing up those body effects while off roading. Clearance to the underside should be equal or even better on the Sport due to the extra inch provided by the larger 20" wheels.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yea, it's funny wild one thinks only the spring P/N matters... the spring land on the strut matters just as much...
Ain't no spring land on the rear diff now is there.But you're funny too,thinking there's only one end to the trucks,lol

OP
OP
C

cbird02

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man, the Ford forum I am used to is way less brutal than this forum! Is this telling us something about Dodge owners?:D

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
My 14 sport don't look ant different than the other trucks around here, and there are lots of them.
There is a few Ford guys , but I out grew that silly's 40 yrs ago
Mine is standard 20 in tires, 4x4, a 2wd may be lower? I had one 2005 and front was lower than this one. both club cabs.. This is when new, I do have build sheet, but not going to dig it out and get in the fight. BYW , no air ride, I hear that is problematic at -30 or 40 as we have quite regular here. Would be nice thou as the wife is starting have problems getting in the truck. I do have boards on it now. 2014 ram.jpg

Last edited: