Climate Control Module Bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AR_Steven

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hi everyone. First post. I have a 2006 2500 with a few miles on it, a few 320,000. It’s grown on me.

I’m in the process of fixing some of the creature comforts I’ve ignored for a while. No air out of floor vent, no lights on AC control panel, one mirror defroster isn’t working, and fan power is weaker than normal on all settings. I originally thought these were all independent issues. I investigated the Mode 2 door for the floor vent issue tonight, expecting to find that as the issue, but it is actually up rather than down so that doesn’t explain why I have no air out of floor vent. Since all of the above items are controlled by the climate control panel, I began wondering if that circuit board is just bad. I’ve googled if there is a way to test them with no luck.

What’s the wisdom of the group? Can I test the panel somehow before I drop $250 for a new control panel?