Climate Control Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My Ram is equipped with a sunroof, during a brief shower the assist handle and sun visor was dripping with water. Yes the sun roof was closed. The next day being 1/04/23, the defrost would not work and my screen says, Climate off. Went to several repair shops and a dealer, they did not have any idea whatbis was but something is not communicating. You can bring it back in Feb and we can look at it. It is winter not heat, no defrost cannot see out of a fogged up windsheild at night. The climate control module was located and as can seen water has gotten to the board and shorted out. Part is on back order, one site ( Mopar Warehouse Direct) had it listed as $114 plus tax/shipping = $134. Called and was informed the part is not available thru them however 4 places in the US has this part. For $916 plus tax and shipping, I can purchase it, from a dealer in Cali. Searched a bit more found (Moparpartsgiant.com) and for $587 can be shipped. Order placed and cancelled today.

Is there an alternative to allow the heat to blow or is the truck a day time only and multiple layering? Is there a place to buy just the board. This is not a recall according to our local dealer, hkwever it should be, the leaking sun roof allowed water to enter a module that is not sealed nor is the board protected from soluble matter, basic testing and design failure.20230123_150110.jpg20230123_150058.jpg20230123_150000.jpg20230123_145947.jpg20230123_144347.jpg20230123_143315.jpg

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My Ram is equipped with a sunroof, during a brief shower the assist handle and sun visor was dripping with water. Yes the sun roof was closed. The next day being 1/04/23, the defrost would not work and my screen says, Climate off. Went to several repair shops and a dealer, they did not have any idea whatbis was but something is not communicating. You can bring it back in Feb and we can look at it. It is winter not heat, no defrost cannot see out of a fogged up windsheild at night. The climate control module was located and as can seen water has gotten to the board and shorted out. Part is on back order, one site ( Mopar Warehouse Direct) had it listed as $114 plus tax/shipping = $134. Called and was informed the part is not available thru them however 4 places in the US has this part. For $916 plus tax and shipping, I can purchase it, from a dealer in Cali. Searched a bit more found (Moparpartsgiant.com) and for $587 can be shipped. Order placed and cancelled today.

Is there an alternative to allow the heat to blow or is the truck a day time only and multiple layering? Is there a place to buy just the board. This is not a recall according to our local dealer, hkwever it should be, the leaking sun roof allowed water to enter a module that is not sealed nor is the board protected from soluble matter, basic testing and design failure.View attachment 512215View attachment 512216View attachment 512217View attachment 512218View attachment 512219View attachment 512220
Have you tried it again after thoroughly drying it out?

Truble2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
@BNic your not alone just had the same thing happen on my 2018 this past week, however dealership claims no sign of damage just “burnt out like a lightbulb” charging me 130ish for the module but want near $450 for the module and to replace it and quoting 1 hour to fix. Module is shipping from another dealer supposed to have it within a week. Sounds like this is a new but quickly growing problem. Maybe if enough of us contact Ram we can get a better solution? Seems recall worthy to me at least.

Truble2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
@BNic also I forgot to mention I asked around in power wagon specific groups and one guy replied claiming to have retired in 2011 and said he thought when he did one then that it had to be set up with a factory scan tool. For what it’s worth hopefully enough of us can gather information on this to sort it out.

ClownEhh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had the same issue. 80 bucks for a new module from a scrapyard. Plugged it in and held the climate temperature buttons i believe and it has worked ever since!

670hoth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I want to know why they raised this module cost from a little over $100 to over $600 . Did they do it to stop people from doing the 8.4 radio/heater bezel upgrades for a lot less than buying the cost of these options from the factory?

OP
OP
B

BNic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Had the same issue. 80 bucks for a new module from a scrapyard. Plugged it in and held the climate temperature buttons i believe and it has worked ever since!
I bought one for $125, scrap yard says just needs programmed. Went to Dodge dealer and they said it cannot be programmed.

OP
OP
B

BNic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I want to know why they raised this module cost from a little over $100 to over $600 . Did they do it to stop people from doing the 8.4 radio/heater bezel upgrades for a lot less than buying the cost of these options from the factory?
I am not sure and that exact part number is on back order with no delivery in site. Sucks that the truck cannot be driven unless the weather is clear

ClownEhh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought one for $125, scrap yard says just needs programmed. Went to Dodge dealer and they said it cannot be programmed.
I forget what the combination of buttons i pressed but i think it was Drivers temp up and down and a passenger temp up and down together for 10 seconds or so. Or try volume and tune buttons together. Mine didn't work immediatly after intsalling, i had to reset everthing but i cant remember what i did or find the posts i followed.

OP
OP
B

BNic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I forget what the combination of buttons i pressed but i think it was Drivers temp up and down and a passenger temp up and down together for 10 seconds or so. Or try volume and tune buttons together. Mine didn't work immediatly after intsalling, i had to reset everthing but i cant remember what i did or find the posts i followed.
Was is the same exact part number or was it a different one?

ClownEhh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I called with the number written on that black part you got there and they matched it

670hoth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am not sure and that exact part number is on back order with no delivery in site. Sucks that the truck cannot be driven unless the weather is clear
Yes, that must be tough. I don't have that problem. I just want to upgrade me HVAC controls.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Should be plug and play, no programming necessary.

OP
OP
B

BNic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have tried everything I can think of short of complete disassembly of the glibal communication system in the truck. I am in the Little Rock, AR area, if anyone has any other suggestions

OP
OP
B

BNic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Have you tried it again after thoroughly drying it out?
Yes, had the board cleaned and tested on the bech for continuity, however do not have the schematics to properly test. Installed and then plugged in, nothing. Held temp button and ENG screen popped up, did a factory reset. Results are the same. Climate OFF, no fan for heat, cooling or defrost. Also the rear glass/mirror defrost cannot be selected as no back lights show power.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes, had the board cleaned and tested on the bech for continuity, however do not have the schematics to properly test. Installed and then plugged in, nothing. Held temp button and ENG screen popped up, did a factory reset. Results are the same. Climate OFF, no fan for heat, cooling or defrost. Also the rear glass/mirror defrost cannot be selected as no back lights show power.
Have you checked the connections on the HVAC bezel? Know anyone with a Ram near you that would let you swap parts to test?

OP
OP
B

BNic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I suppose I have done all I can do, need to take to a shop to have a better person than me to figure this out.