Climate Control on Autostart

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Always remember my truck warming the cabin in the winter and cooling the cabin in the summer automatically when I auto start her regardless of whether or not I leave the heat or AC on. Last year in the fall I had the head unit replaced under warranty due to delaminating screen. Didn’t notice it much until the summer now but when I get in the truck it’s crazy hot. Doesn’t seem like it’s auto adjusting the inside temp when I auto start it. I called the dealer and they said it’s a setting in the radio. I looked. I can’t find it. I figured before I drive to the stealership I would see if anyone else experienced this issue and how did you resolve it. Thanks

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If those settings disappeared with the new head unit, I'd say that is where the problem lies. Not sure if that is just a programming update the dealer needs to do, or if they need to put a different HU in.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The settings that show up in the trucks radio are "read" from the vehicle BCM, you might want to try resetting the radio or disconnect the battery.

Is there a "Auto On Comfort" menu item on the radio? Is that set for remote start or all starts?

OP
OP
Hookedup87

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will check tomorrow. Was thinking the same thing that the HU may not have that setting anymore. Which is really gonna **** me off.

OP
OP
Hookedup87

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There was a section on the radio that said climate and comfort I think. It was set to all starts. I changed it to only remote starts. But it still doesn’t seem to be working. Is that what you were talking about?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Is that what you were talking about?
Yes, The menu in mine just states "Auto-On Comfort" but it's a '15 truck with a UAQ radio and the single zone ATC mod.