Cloth power heated seats to leather heated abd cooled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brutherb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I just picked up a 2016 cclb dually it has cloth power heated seats I want to pick up some used leather heated and cooled seats. My question is beyond the dash switches is the wiring already there for this it does a different harness gave to be installed. Second concern do I have to program the ecu or will it just work with replacing the switches and seats

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I just picked up a 2016 cclb dually it has cloth power heated seats I want to pick up some used leather heated and cooled seats. My question is beyond the dash switches is the wiring already there for this it does a different harness gave to be installed. Second concern do I have to program the ecu or will it just work with replacing the switches and seats
@Mpgrimm2 might be able to help answer your questions and if the wiring isn't already present he can likely make the harnesses you need to get it all working.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
If you have heated power seats & wheel, with driver side adjust and the 120v outlet already, up should have the needed wiring to install a set of 2013-18/classic 4th gen seats. (Not 09-12 seats or 19-21 New body style 5th gen seats.)
Laramie, longhorn & limited seats will be leather, vented and have memory features.
You likely don't have the wiring for memory, but it can be added later.

The heated functions will work, the vented/memory features will require BCM changes yourself via AlfaOBD/OBDLink MX BT adapter... Even if you get the correct switch panel below the radio

Theunknownfruit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Coming in way late on this thread, but it's basically the question I have. 2016 1500 Sport Crew Cab, with the heated leather/cloth seats. I only have a 115v outlet. Does also have a heated steering wheel, is it possible (and how difficult) to purchase and install the cooled seats?