Cluster light goes on and off while key in the house

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yeti801

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright, 2013 Ram Sport; 1500, 5.7, 8 speed trans; so I've been reading a lot of the threads and information on the random problem. While my truck is off and key FOB in the house, the Cluster lights will turn on with the message to press brake and hit start button and then go off. It does this every 30 to 45 seconds. So with all the reading and what not here is what I've done.

- New battery, (It was bad needed new anyway)
- pulled the TIPM out and checked for any corrosion (non)
- Pulled F60 fuse but that didn't resolve so I haven't checked the I230 connector
- Disconnected and checked the HVAC control module (I could hear the flaps opening and closing when lights came on).
- Checked the Shifter / Transfer case module
- I pulled a bunch of fuses nothing seemed to help

So I used a basic scanner and got the U0140 code, lost communication with Body Control Module, I then linked up my Alpha OBD and got the following faults.
- C1503 Tire Pressure sensor 3 (This could just be from when I got my new wheels and tires)?
- Passenger Door Module B21DD, B210C
- Driver Door Module; B210C, B21DD, And B1F05 this last one is for Electrochromatic Mirror Control Circuit.
- Body Control Module; B1707 and B170B (reverse lights wondering if it's because I put the 5th gen tails in and didn't change to LED?) and then B2312 Wiper on/Off control.

The door modules would make sense because it seems like the truck is thinking someone is opening or unlocking the door. I'm Just popping in to see if anyone has ANY other ideas. I've been through all of the threads. The things I"m going to try to night is pull the door panels and disconnect the door modules to see if the problem still happens. I also saw there is an inline on the bottom frame rail under the driver side, I will also crawl under there to see if there is any water or corrosion. I was hoping someone had some more suggestions on where to go, or what to try. Sorry this was so long.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Lost Communication With Body Control Module

The body control module (BCM) is an electronic module that is part of the vehicle's entire electrical system and it controls functions including but not limited to the tire pressure monitor, remote keyless entry, door locks, the anti-theft alarm, heated mirrors, the rear window defroster, front and rear washers and wipers and the horn.

Several incidences may cause the BCM or it's wiring to fail. If the BCM is shocked in an accident – that is, if it is jarred hard enough from impact – it could fail completely, the wiring harness could be knocked loose or one or more wires in the harness may be exposed or cut completely through. If a wire is exposed and it touches another wire or metal part of the vehicle, this will cause a short. Excessive heat from the vehicle's engine or from a fire mishap may damage the BCM or melt the insulation on the wiring harness. At the other end of the spectrum, if the BCM becomes water logged, it will most likely fail. Furthermore if the sensors become water logged or otherwise damaged, the BCM cannot do what you are instructing it to do, i.e., open the door locks remotely; nor can it forward that signal to the ECM.

repair diagnostics

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just a shot in the dark, take the battery out of your remotes for the truck, in the house is not that far away if one has a short, but things are usually not that simple
I am about 40 yrs behind the times on this stuff.
Good luck, Sounds like a wire problem to me
A whole bunch of modules , sensors don't just quite at the same time, unless it was in water or a lightning struck, or????????????????/